Need to be concerned?

Are we not concerned about providing him only Dubia as a food source? If no concern, why? Should we not being trying to expand his diet with other feeders?
Good catch! I can’t speak for @Beman , but I would assume she either missed this or was more concerned with figuring out what was causing him to not feel so well. Having only dubia would not likely be what is causing his illness, so it may have been looked over for the moment.

Having a varied diet IS very important. I’ll attach the feeder list so OP can begin expanding Tango’s diet as soon as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_0334.jpeg
    IMG_0334.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 2
Are we not concerned about providing him only Dubia as a food source? If no concern, why? Should we not being trying to expand his diet with other feeders?
So the dubia only diet would not cause health issues. One feeder diet of course is not ideal as you want a variety for them to have multiple sources of nutrition but my focus for feedback was finding the potential cause of the health issue. In this case I am strongly leaning towards a parasite load as the husbandry is pretty much spot on. If this is the case then ensuring the cham is being fed the feeders they know he will go for is most important as medicating the chameleon and getting it to eat anything is priority.
Good catch! I can’t speak for @Beman , but I would assume she either missed this or was more concerned with figuring out what was causing him to not feel so well. Having only dubia would not likely be what is causing his illness, so it may have been looked over for the moment.

Having a varied diet IS very important. I’ll attach the feeder list so OP can begin expanding Tango’s diet as soon as possible.
Correct, not my major focus as long as an ailing chameleon is eating live insects of any type the main concern and focus would be the potential cause for the health issues being seen. Diving into that is the focus while food diversity would not have this impact.

Back
Top Bottom