New baby chameleon

Pyper

Hi everyone, I have just received my new baby veiled chameleon. Any tips on how to get her to get used to me as she keeps hiding and she's hissing at me when I go to put my hand near her!:confused:

Chams arent a very interactive pet, although some do get lucky and do get friendly and active cham/chams. Leave her in her habitat for a good while and let her get used to it before trying to handle her. (just remember that chams arent pets that should be handled and held alot.) Try feeding her by hand, thats one way to get her to warm up to you. Dont stress too much about it, shes in a new enviroment, and is on alert about everything. Try not to attempt to handle her so much, could scare her and stress her out. Good luck and congrats on your new baby cham!

Leave her alone for atleast a week or two before you try handling. Some will be very friendly and interactive, but most will not...not at first anyways. Alls you are going to do is upset her right now. She is stressed already from being in a new environment and has no idea what you are going to do to her. Try opening up the cage and holding a cricket or other prey to her and see if you can get her to warm up to you. Hopefully in time she will realize you are there to feed and water her and she will associate with you in a positive way.

Back
Top Bottom