New baby panther

Kushcham

Established Member
Not 100% sure on the age or gender. Any ideas?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343180054541.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343180054541.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 128
  • uploadfromtaptalk1343180144056.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343180144056.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 100
Not 100% sure on the age or gender. Any ideas?

we needa clear picture of the base of the tail, and a few pics at different times (for coloration purposes)..but normally you can tell by a small buldge at the base of the tail (or when very young a small "space" or "sac" where it would fill in...

Maybe thats better

needs to be closer, and no bent tail..lol..it really is a difficult task on its own, and pictures make it even harder..

my first look seems female..but then again i need a really clear base-of-the-tail shot (right by the vent):D

I can tell you it is just way cute. When I get back to my computer I will find the thread by Kent67 on sexing baby panthers. Sorry but I am worthless at sexing them.

I can tell you it is just way cute. When I get back to my computer I will find the thread by Kent67 on sexing baby panthers. Sorry but I am worthless at sexing them.

laurie..you are not worthless...you are a cham slave, you are important..LOL..and yes find the "sexing chameleons post"...(further proving you are not worthless lol):D

Hopefully these are better. Took these the first day and have been trying to leave him or her alone to adjust.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343181335898.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343181335898.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 87
  • uploadfromtaptalk1343181372803.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343181372803.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 111
He/she is very cute. The pics still aren't the best for attempting to sex it. We need to see the side of the tail from the hind legs back. We'll try our best! :)

Hopefully these are better. Took these the first day and have been trying to leave him or her alone to adjust.

I dunno..looks like a female to me. ( i deem them all female untill i see what i look for)

what i look for:

more than four colors displayed at once (some females are still very colorful)

a small buldge at the base of the tail making the bottom of the stomach or belly line up with the tail (hard to explain)

and or

a small space where it looks like loose skin where it could fill in later..

or the easiest way in the world...wait 4-8 months for colors to start kicking in..lol

:D

He/she is very cute. The pics still aren't the best for attempting to sex it. We need to see the side of the tail from the hind legs back. We'll try our best! :)

exactly..like a close up of just tail base section from the side...

Sounds like a plan haha. Thanks. This will be my first panther and ive been extremely nervous because its so young.

Sounds like a plan haha. Thanks. This will be my first panther and ive been extremely nervous because its so young.

just take it easy, gutload your feeders, and use calcium, calcium with d3 properly, and keep em' hydraited..and place a few inbetween orders for silkworms or hornworms once a month or once every two months and he/she will be just fine....

also spend some outside time with your cham (it makes them friendly) and also give them space (dont bug them too much and they will seek you for attention..

maybe you will get this from him/her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb8-JpvzGiM

:D

p.s. all my chams seem to be like this, even the ones ive had donated to me...i seem to either be really lucky, or doing somthing right..lol

Back
Top Bottom