New baby veiled!! Girl or boy?

Molly_AD

IMG_7259.JPG
IMG_7257.JPG
IMG_7258.JPG
I recently got 2 baby veiled chameleons! This is my first time owning chameleons but I have been looking forward to having them for ages. I have owned other reptiles in the past and currently have a basilisk lizard as well. I did avid research before purchasing my chameleons and am excited to learn from these fascinating creatures. I believe I have 2 girls here but I'm having trouble deciding the sex of one of them. All of the photos are of the same chameleon as I am almost certain the other one is a girl. Can anyone tell me the gender?

hmm... it looks to me like a male, his veils are growing large for his age and his feet look like they have spurs

yea. do you plan on breading? amd make sure your female has a laying bin for fertile/unfertile eggs

yea. do you plan on breading? amd make sure your female has a laying bin for fertile/unfertile eggs
I hadn't planned on breeding because this is my first time owning chameleons, but that might change as I get to know more about what breeding would entail. And ok thanks :)

i dont really know how to set up a laybin cause i have a male but you can ask other enthusiasts or watch videos on it.. and dont watch HowCast their always wrong

Um, I'm pretty sure that's a female from the original post.
Several things:
  • small casque
  • no bands of color (more of speckles on a green background)
  • small spurs (males are MUCH bigger)
  • small base of the tail (no hemipenes) (is that how you spell that?)
I may be wrong. Just saying. I suggest you get the experts: @jajeanpierre @Extensionofgreen @Remkon
These guys know.

Um, I'm pretty sure that's a female from the original post.
Several things:
  • small casque
  • no bands of color (more of speckles on a green background)
  • small spurs (males are MUCH bigger)
  • small base of the tail (no hemipenes) (is that how you spell that?)
I may be wrong. Just saying. I suggest you get the experts: @jajeanpierre @Extensionofgreen @Remkon
These guys know.
Ok thanks for giving me another opinion :) One of my chameleons has an appointment at the vet Monday for a suspected eye infection and I plan on bringing them both to hopefully find out the genders for sure.

Back
Top Bottom