New book - Natures hidden jewels

Bernie

Hi all.

Just ordered myself a book by Petr Necas - "Nature's hidden jewels". Its the 2nd edition which was revised in 2004 with 11 new chapters added. It will hopefully be delivered by weekend - I cannot wait to start reading it.

I searched high and low online to get this book after reading many good things about it. It was pretty pricey though. About £35 delivered ($45 I would guess?). By all accounts it should be worth it though.

I'll report back with my thoughts once I get reading it.

Hi all.

Just ordered myself a book by Petr Necas - "Nature's hidden jewels". Its the 2nd edition which was revised in 2004 with 11 new chapters added. It will hopefully be delivered by weekend - I cannot wait to start reading it.

I searched high and low online to get this book after reading many good things about it. It was pretty pricey though. About £35 delivered ($45 I would guess?). By all accounts it should be worth it though.

I'll report back with my thoughts once I get reading it.

A bargain. You don't want to know what some of us paid for the first edition years ago!

Sounds like I can't complain about the price then!

In that case I am looking forward to reading it even more!

I just picked up the same book on amazon for $36 looking forward to it.

If you got the 2nd edition for that price i would consider that a great deal. The only ones i see listed on amazon for sale now are the first edition for $36 dollars. It shows there are not any of the second edition available now though :(

I will also add that so far it is brilliant. I have read about 100 pages and it's very informative. Learning new things constantly and it's not too intense scientifically.

Must admit it's hard to understand which Chameleon is which as it refers to them as their Latin names.... I suppose that's another thing to learn though!

I just got a new second edition, still in the shrink wrap, shipped from Great Britain to Canada, and it cost me $99 CDN in Total. Worth it.

2nd Edition for $45? Laurie's not gonna like it when she sees this.... :eek:

Since I just order it for $115, you are right - I am not happy. But I wanted the book as you know, so I will suck it up and shut up.:rolleyes:

Guess I will pass my 1st addition on to my sis.

Back
Top Bottom