New cage critiques 2.0!

Toph00

I've added a lot of new lower and middle layer foliage and vines like everyone has suggested! Let me know what you think now that it is not so naked

Attachments

• IMG_0885[1].jpg
    IMG_0885[1].jpg
    251 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0886[1].jpg
    IMG_0886[1].jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 176
Much better!;-)
till bit too bare for me, but I like it jungle style!!:p
14-DSCN1405.jpg

Show us your chameleon! They way he'll live the enclosure could give you lot of help on making adjustments!;)

My approx 3 month old male ambilobe will be arriving next week, this is the setup I have for it currently. I have a much larger enclosure for it for when it gets bigger, this one is much smaller and its just temporary for it to grow into.
It will be my first cham so tell me if im doing anything wrong. :)

Wall001.jpg
Wall002.jpg

The only thing I saw was you need to cover the soil in your pots with some rocks so it cant get in to the soil and try to eat it. you can get some cheap rocks at home depot or some where to cover it all up. Other than that, I think it looks great. what size is this cage and his next cage?

Okay. Will definitely put some rocks in. :)

The cage in the picture is only 18x12x12 (LxWxH). Like I said, only temporary since hes going to be small. He is actually going to have three cages, because the one that was supposed to be his permanent one came out too small. (boyfriend didnt understand that chams need lots of space.)
The second one is around 18x18x24, I dont know exact because its not with me. The last one isnt in the process of being built yet but I know it needs to be much bigger than that.

Those all sound good. Just remember that the minimum size that is recommended for a cham that is around full sized is 48x24x24. That is what I have (above)

Oh, also, is repotting the plant with organic soil absolutely necessary if its going to be covered with rocks anyway? I don't have any organic soil, and I'd hate to go out and buy a huge bag for just one tiny little pothos. :/

Oh, also, is repotting the plant with organic soil absolutely necessary if its going to be covered with rocks anyway? I don't have any organic soil, and I'd hate to go out and buy a huge bag for just one tiny little pothos. :/

No no not really if you are covering it with rocks but remember better safe than sorry and for $1.98 at lowes is what I think I paid for a bag can't go wrong paying $2 for a piece of mind right?

Oh, its that cheap? I might just go ahead and get it anyway then just for the heck of it, and for any future plants I might need. :)

Talk about dirt-cheap! Har.. I tried to make a funny.

I like it, but (as always) you know you'll end up tweaking it to make your baby happy, right? :p

Back
Top Bottom