New chameleon owner I rescued him in bad shape HELP ME!

Hello me again. lol So once again reading online here lol what's everyone's take in a bioactive tank? Also is wire mesh vs glass enclosures? Ive been looking at tanks online. Fantasizing of him being better and me being able to give him a huge enclosure when hes healed and healhty. That's more important. I see chameleons in both glass and mesh.
I found one on FB market its already sold but it looked like a huge china cabinet. it was beautiful very tall like could put a small tree in it. They had glass the bottom and mesh wire at the top on the sides. Gave me an idea. I do restore furniture as a side hustle when i have the time and resources. People quite literally give these cabinets away cause they are heavy big and unwilling to deal with them. I was thinking about turning one into and enclosure SOMEDAY. I see a lot of people building their own enclosures in reality a simple one is pretty basic and easy to make. I've had custom fish tanks before for bettas. just wanted to know thoughts or if anyone else has created their own enclosures.
You’re doing AMAZING!!! And welcome! One thing I will say about bioactive is that you’ll want to wait to do so until at least 3 fecal samples in a row have come back clean from the vet. Also good luck at the vet today! I’m cheering for the both of y’all!
Since you are going to upgrade the cage eventually, get a 24” reptisun uvb T8 5.0. They have a hood and bulb combo pack that works pretty well also Bend a Branch on Amazon is great for creating a climbing gym. Get medium and large. They are inexpensive. You can cover the back wall and one side wall with vinyl on the outside which helps with the humidity and water containment when you hand spray. Welcome to the wonderful world of chameleons. The universe provided and you are going to be amazed at what you learn.
Did you mean T5? Haha

Hey saw a veiled (which is what mine is) eating fruit? can he have fruit? ive heard no. ive heard yes. I give fruit and spinach to my crickets. So i figured he was getting the goods from that from the cricket. but he is allowed to have fruits when he better for a treat id like to know.

Hey saw a veiled (which is what mine is) eating fruit? can he have fruit? ive heard no. ive heard yes. I give fruit and spinach to my crickets. So i figured he was getting the goods from that from the cricket. but he is allowed to have fruits when he better for a treat id like to know.
While they will eat it, it and other plant matter is not needed, just stick to insects for their diet. Save it for the gutload instead! As for the spinach, it is high in oxalates, which does bind calcium, so keep to the gutload sheet @MissSkittles provided earlier

How did the rest of the visit go?

Back
Top Bottom