New Dubia colony troubles

jakehinds

Hey guys, I just got 40 sub adults, the container, dimmable heat lamp, black night bulb, digital probe therm. For 40$ on Craigslist. I've had it for about 6 days and I've seen like 10 males, and at least one female while all the rest are juvi's. my egg flats are vertical on the left side in a pyramid and its about 98*F.on top of them. I took out all the egg flats and put romaine, carrots, oranges and dog food and I'd say 15 were eating, but when I left them alone with brand new food, there were only a couple bites out of it?

Heat should come from the bottom of your tub. Dubia need it dark to thrive so putting a lamp ontop for heat would be counter productive. IMO, I would get a under tank heat pad and ditch the lamp. 11" heat tape is even better. Hope this helps.

Heat should come from the bottom of your tub. Dubia need it dark to thrive so putting a lamp ontop for heat would be counter productive. IMO, I would get a under tank heat pad and ditch the lamp. 11" heat tape is even better. Hope this helps.

That's how the guy I bought it from had it set up on his other tubs also, and he had thousands of them, so I don't see why it would be different. Hmmm...

That's how the guy I bought it from had it set up on his other tubs also, and he had thousands of them, so I don't see why it would be different. Hmmm...

Is it a heat emitter on top? Or a bulb putting out light and heat? I don't see how that would work since they like it dark. Most people have their dubia tubs sitting on top of the heat source. You can check the roach guy, or the roach ranch for care instructions. They will tell you the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom