new enclosure!

jackschamnewbie

30"x36"x48"
Call me crazy but this was made for a finger sized jacksoni xan
I am in love with the visible uv radiation that can be observed via cell camera :)

Attachments

• IMAG1631.jpg
    IMAG1631.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMAG1635.jpg
    IMAG1635.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 123
You're not crazy (well, not for this!) Jax need a lot of space - he is going to love the new home. Get yourself some big sticks and branches and some more vines - maybe one of the those mushroom ledge thingies, my Jax loves his - and it will be perfect :D

You're not crazy (well, not for this!) Jax need a lot of space - he is going to love the new home. Get yourself some big sticks and branches and some more vines - maybe one of the those mushroom ledge thingies, my Jax loves his - and it will be perfect :D

Hell yea!! lol i will look into this mushroom ledge immediately. Thank you for reassuring me I have not gone crazy being in this reptilian addiction.

http://m.petco.com/product/116921/Zoo-Med-Naturalistic-Terrarium-Mushroom-Ledge.aspx

It's supposed to adhere to glass with the silicone adhesive, but I have a screen cage. The mushroom thing is a stiff foam, so you can screw into it. I took some self tapping sheet metal screws 1/4" diameter with some large washers to secure it to the screen. The washers go on the outside of the screen to help stabilize the ledge. It's actually his favorite basking spot, and sometimes he sleeps there.

Ah heck you're not any crazier than the rest of us. I did about 6 hours of work today on a 6'x6'x3' enclosure for a panther that I don't even own yet. btw, i say 6 hours, but I was listening to football, wiping my brow, sipping an ice coolie, and makin sure I was in the shade. I guess I had a fun sunday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom