New Female Trioceros Perreti

NastyNate

I just got this female Southern Peacock Cham from LLL Reptile yesterday. The three they had left were all in pretty bad shape. I thought this female might be gravid so I picked her up. She also was in the best condition out of the bunch. I was wondering if someone knowledgeable on this species could tell me a little more about her. Is she this color due to stress or possibly because she is gravid? She has been eating well, drinking well, acting 100% normal by my estimations. Here are a few pictures:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319062570.125399.jpg

Check this link to a previous post for more pictures:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/she-gravid-69047/

Thank you!

I just got this female Southern Peacock Cham from LLL Reptile yesterday. The three they had left were all in pretty bad shape. I thought this female might be gravid so I picked her up. She also was in the best condition out of the bunch. I was wondering if someone knowledgeable on this species could tell me a little more about her. Is she this color due to stress or possibly because she is gravid? She has been eating well, drinking well, acting 100% normal by my estimations. Here are a few pictures:

View attachment 43025

Check this link to a previous post for more pictures:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/she-gravid-69047/

Thank you!

I also purchased six wiedersheimi from LLL recently. It's good you selected her yourself because of the six I purchased only two were healthy. Four died within a week. I do have two really nice gravid females from that group and they have acclimated well. Both of my females are gravid but have remaind nice and green. LLL keeps them in groups, that really stresses them out and will spread whatever disease quickly amongst themselves. I'm looking for another 2 females and a male for my colony but no one else seems to have them other than LLL and I wouldn't buy from them again. Even though these are less aggressive than other chameleons my experience has shown individuals in individual habitats always do much better and feed more than multiple animals in an enclosure. I'll be curious if you can get her to drop and then incubate the eggs successfully. Keep us posted. Absolutely beautiful little creatures....

My girl was brown when i got her 6 months ago, but turned a nice green after settling in. she was also nice enough to drop two clutches for me :)

Thanks everyone! So is the general consensus that she's gravid? She has maintained this brownish color since I got her. To me, she looks a little chubby, but then there are times I look at her and she looks normal.

i would give her they laying bin in her cage has she been hanging around the bottom of the cage at all for any amount of time? she dose look a little plump and chams can thin themselves out pretty good or fuff up aswell but in the pic you see in the thread she looks to have i egg looking bulge above her back leg kinda tucked behind it if you look carefully you will see it imo she looks and sounds like shes gravid better to be safe then sorry

good job i see you have a laying bin in there my bad lol anyway my vote is yes gravid

Back
Top Bottom