New house

Eddiedwards

Ive decided to make a new enclosure for my cham's and beardie's. It's 6 foot, wide an 7 foot in height. The beardie's enclosure is 6x2x2 and the 2 Cham enclosure's are 4x3x2. It's a wooden enclosure with a mesh front and I'm going to install a monsoon system and some small fans to help with airflow.
here's a pic.

d965bff0.jpg

Hope you like it, it's the first one I've built any tips would be great.

I love remodeled cabinet type enclosures! Just make sure you have good airflow. Something I enjoy doing is building faux rock wall for looks on the back wall. (don't ask me why... it can be a real pain but worth it in the end). Keep the build photos coming as I enjoy watching the progress!

I wanted to keep the chameleon enclosure more like a tree habitat so lots of real plants and vines. But i did want to do a big rock scene for the beardie's, I've got a few big basking rocks which I "borrowed" from the local marina. I was thinking a big fake rock back wall but I didn't know what to use.

I wanted to keep the chameleon enclosure more like a tree habitat so lots of real plants and vines. But i did want to do a big rock scene for the beardie's, I've got a few big basking rocks which I "borrowed" from the local marina. I was thinking a big fake rock back wall but I didn't know what to use.

i use styro foam sheets and grout and nontoxic paint then seal with mod podge

carve the styro and glue it all the way you want it to look.

I did the back of the wall with the Faux rock. I used styrofoam and poored sanded grout with polymer over it with different thickness and then sealed it. Then I glued it in. You can still have cut out for vents and everything. Here is a picture of what my chams hang out in. Hard to see but my Veiled Little Luie is having out in this photo.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 113
Got the roof on the viv tonight, cut the holes for the fans and lights and lined the inside with foamex which is waterproof.
77d3ec73.jpg

I have also chosen this to print as the background pic
b7d7c7ed.jpg

Where do you get your backgrounds printed and what material do you use?
I've bought some from petco/petsmart but its kinda more expensive than it should be there!

You are really enjoying your project and it's sounding good. I would do some more research on misting systems before settling on monsoon though!!

I work in a print and sign shop so I can just print what I want. The material I use is a standard vinyl with a clear laminate, then mount it to the foamex and wrap it around the edges. If you go to any good sign shop or sign company they would or should be able to print what you want. I don't know what the prices are on your side of the pond but I would probably pay about £15-20 a square metre. Hope that helps.

I have had 3 in approx 3 months from Surrey pet supplies none of the timers have worked properly. I wanted them to mist every 4 hrs between 8am and 8 pm but the best they would do was every 2 hrs. They are guaranteed for 2 years so if you have got a dude one you can take it back.

Finally got my viv finished all working and the lizards in.

This is it with the background fitted,
7d3bd19b.jpg

Then I made the mesh fronts and used magnetic and steel tape to connect them so they are removable
4660b53d.jpg

And here it is finished
437033ec.jpg

Clio's

894221fc.jpg

Terry's

077062eb.jpg

The BEardies

520cce8f.jpg

And storage
faa720c9.jpg

Just got to fit the door on the storage compartment