New jackson owner

Mrdankdabz

Hey everybody. Picked up my first jackson today. So far i have plenty of lower level cover for him ( 2 different ficus with some fake leaves and 2 big vines) with access to the top of his enclosure. I have a dripper going and i hand mist when needed. (Investing in a monsoon system in a week or so). I have seen him eat at least 2 crickets and drink water off of his new leaf. I have the humidity right now between low 60s and 70. Temp in his basking area is a little low temping around 75 but i dont want to bother him too much to get the exact temp. I have a uvb light basking light and low watt infrared. He seems a little dark conpared to when i got him. I know its his first day in his new home but do you suggest that i could do to make the transfer as stress free as possible.

Attachments

• 1461879078751-1131527911.jpg
    1461879078751-1131527911.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 134
Hey everybody. Picked up my first jackson today. So far i have plenty of lower level cover for him ( 2 different ficus with some fake leaves and 2 big vines) with access to the top of his enclosure. I have a dripper going and i hand mist when needed. (Investing in a monsoon system in a week or so). I have seen him eat at least 2 crickets and drink water off of his new leaf. I have the humidity right now between low 60s and 70. Temp in his basking area is a little low temping around 75 but i dont want to bother him too much to get the exact temp. I have a uvb light basking light and low watt infrared. He seems a little dark conpared to when i got him. I know its his first day in his new home but do you suggest that i could do to make the transfer as stress free as possible.
I would provide a place where he can bask but still hide from view. He may be reluctant to climb close enough to his lighting if he feels too exposed to view. Arranging some of the foliage in the front of the cage will give him the illusion that he can't be watched.

I would provide a place where he can bask but still hide from view. He may be reluctant to climb close enough to his lighting if he feels too exposed to view. Arranging some of the foliage in the front of the cage will give him the illusion that he can't be watched.
Thank you, arranged some slight foliage in the corners of the cage near his basking area to provide cover up top. Basking area is getting around 84 at the very top

Congrats! I also just acquired some new jacksons :) One word of advice, hope it's not too late, I strongly advice against the exo terra monsoon. Only because I myself have had horrible experiences with that system as well as many customers i have spoken to. My experience: I was away on vacation after running my monsoon for one month to make sure it was reliable, and I get a phone call 3 days in saying my tanks were flooded and my critters were swimming...Thank goodness no fatalities. I have heard many stories similar to this, the timers are glitchy and sooner or later fail. Months later I am a happy owner of the mistking system, and have not looked back since! It's a bit more of an investment but well worth it!

congrats! hes adorable!
Thanks he was a little stressed when i put him in i tried to sneak a picture when he was relaxed right before bedtime!
Congrats! I also just acquired some new jacksons :) One word of advice, hope it's not too late, I strongly advice against the exo terra monsoon. Only because I myself have had horrible experiences with that system as well as many customers i have spoken to. My experience: I was away on vacation after running my monsoon for one month to make sure it was reliable, and I get a phone call 3 days in saying my tanks were flooded and my critters were swimming...Thank goodness no fatalities. I have heard many stories similar to this, the timers are glitchy and sooner or later fail. Months later I am a happy owner of the mistking system, and have not looked back since! It's a bit more of an investment but well worth it!
Mist king ok i will invest! Thank you for the heads up. Right now i have an ultrasonic humidifier thats on a timer (but the timer isnt working!) So i have it in a low setting and he seems to be happy. Dial says around 70% humidity but alot of people say dials are inacurate. Also have a little dripper plus regular misting!

Back
Top Bottom