New panther Chameleon owner

Bamzeez

Uhm just registered here sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Hello, i just got a male and a Female chameleon, everything is set up after alot of looking up information to make it perfect for my chameleons.

Im just wondering if i got the right supplements? There is alot of different opinions and i dont want to give them the wrong stuff,

I got arcadia earth pro a for Every feeding and the revitalise d3 for twice a month , is this viable?

Thanks in advance, :)

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1693.jpeg
    IMG_1693.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1700.jpeg
    IMG_1700.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1
Can i get some more input from people here, if i can stick with the supplements i bought or if i should get something else ?
Your supplements are fine however they are not including all that arcadia recommends for their supplement system and only ok to use as long as your UVB is on point. RevitaliseD3 has extremely low levels of D3.

So for a panther cham your needing a 3 UVI at basking. If you are using a 5.0 or 6% T5HO bulb in a single bulb fixture then you want that sitting on top of the cage and you want to measure directly down below the fixture from the screen 8-9 inches. This is where your branch should be. If there is no branch below then you need to add one or adjust where your fixture sits. If they are at the wrong distance too far or too close then you want to adjust to the 8-9 inch distance. This will ensure they are in a 3 UVI basking level.

Here is more specific info for arcadia supplements.

So arcadia is a 3 product system done in an 8 feed cycle. This is why you want to chart it on a calendar. It is in the following rotation and you stay in that order no matter how many feeding days are skipped.

EP-A 1st feeding
EP-A 2nd feeding
EP-A 3rd feeding
Calmg 4th feeding
EP-A 5th feeding
EP-A 6th feeding
EP-A 7th feeding
Revitalize D3 8th feeding
Cycle starts again from the beginning.

I personally do not use arcadia supplements due to the 8 feed cycle, this needs to be put on a calendar to keep track of it. I use repashy products. Supercal NoD for your plain without D3 calcium at every feeding and then repashy calcium plus LoD version for the multivitamin 2 times a month on say the 1st and the 15th.

Same ^^^. While I don’t know about the Arcadia products, I do know that the Repashy calcium plus LoD (and ReptiVite) contains preformed vitamin A, which is good for little googly eyes and we know chameleons can utilize. It hasn’t yet been determined if they can use the proformed vitamin A, which is most commonly the source of A in other multivitamins. I previously used Zoo Med ReptiCalcium, but it has the tendency to almost clump on the feeders and over dust them. Now I use the Repashy Supercal noD (every feeding) which I can get a much lighter dusting with. Then the LoD I use one feeding every other week.

Same ^^^. While I don’t know about the Arcadia products, I do know that the Repashy calcium plus LoD (and ReptiVite) contains preformed vitamin A, which is good for little googly eyes and we know chameleons can utilize. It hasn’t yet been determined if they can use the proformed vitamin A, which is most commonly the source of A in other multivitamins. I previously used Zoo Med ReptiCalcium, but it has the tendency to almost clump on the feeders and over dust them. Now I use the Repashy Supercal noD (every feeding) which I can get a much lighter dusting with. Then the LoD I use one feeding every other week.
Yes, revitaliseD3 has preformed A but again it is in lower amounts than others.

Its a bummer, i live in sweden and there seems to be no way to get repashy over here and they dont ship to sweden.. not sure what i should do :(

Back
Top Bottom