New to Jacksons

brownie64

Avid Member
My male has skin that needs to shed off of his head. I've been spraying his head with warm water, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is this because of his horns that it's not wanting to shed. This has been going on for about a week and a half. I don't want it to become a problem, like you see sometimes on their feet. Is this normal or should I be worried about it. if so what do you suggest I do. I'm used to Veiled chameleons so this is a new problem to me so any help would be appreciated. jacks 3 008.jpg

ditto

just got him last week, i noticed this and didnt know if it was a problem. ive seen him on the floor a whole bunch as well. but the glass window is pretty clear so he maybe just trying to get out. I got the screen cage in the mail. Im using my cage I used for my veil when I was a kid.

just got him last week, i noticed this and didnt know if it was a problem. ive seen him on the floor a whole bunch as well. but the glass window is pretty clear so he maybe just trying to get out. I got the screen cage in the mail. Im using my cage I used for my veil when I was a kid.

Seeing as no one else is going to chime in to our aid, I will say that I've been spraying him down with worm water on the head real good trying not to spray directly into his nostrils every day, and it seems to be working slowly but surely. I just hope it comes from around his horns.

After misting you can try to use a q-tip to loosen the skin. It's a common problem with Jackson's.
On a side note are you housing the male and female together or are they just together for breeding.

After misting you can try to use a q-tip to loosen the skin. It's a common problem with Jackson's.
On a side note are you housing the male and female together or are they just together for breeding.

I'm in the process of getting another cage for the female. I was misinformed by the pet shop that they thrived better as a pair. I had raised veiled for 16 years, and should have known better. But these are way more docile than veiled chameleons I mistakenly believed their BS. I suspect they could only get them in pairs, so they fed me this line so they wouldn't be stuck with the female. They were together when I bought them, so for all I know she is probably already gravid. Veiled females change to a bright color design when gravid. Do Jacksons do the same?

Thank you for the info It's starting to look good, I'll try the Q-tip thing if it don't stress him out too much. Their just now getting used to me being around.:)

Back
Top Bottom