new to the Cham world

Kaufman08

Hi everyone. My name is Patrick and my family and I have decided to add a Veiled to our family. This will be our first chameleon and we are all very excited. I have been doing tons of research and feel we are as prepared as we could be at this point. We have a 4'x3'x2' enclosure with Zoo med products through out. We will be picking up our critter on Friday or Saturday. I will be posting pictures as soon as we get it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on your new addition and welcome to the Forums!

I glad to hear you have everything ready for your new veiled. I would check out the Resource Tab in the main menu if you want some additional information, there is a ton!

Be sure to post pictures of the little one when you bring him home.

If you are buying from a Petco, Petsmart, or other chain, caveat emptor.

Inspect your cham very carefully, and make note of the living conditions he/she is in.

And, welcome to the forum :)

I am actually buying it from a local family owned pet store, not a big chain. They specialize in amphibians and reptiles. The guy i have been dealing with owns chameleons and seems to know his stuff. He actually hasn't pushed any of their products on me, just talked about what has worked for him.

Do you have any live plants in your enclosure? I like to mix it up with live and artificial. The live plants are so helpful with humidity. That would be my only advice. I do not own a veiled- but I have read they eat greens so maybe putting a live plant they could munch on would seem to be very beneficial. Posting a picture of your enclosure would be a great way to get feed back. Congrats on your soon to be new addition and welcome to the forums!

Here are some pics of my enclosure. The only real plant in there is a Ficus. I do plan on getting another real plant.
Thoughts?....

Introducing... Cameo our young female veiled chameleon. We just brought her home and she is stressed. I will take more pics as she gets more comfortable.

Since it's the best thing to do, remove the substrate and put paper towels. Having the dirt will just be a nuisance to clean and can pose health risks. Only have substrate when you put a lay bin. Other than that, your cage seems mostly fine. Have fun with her :)

Since it's the best thing to do, remove the substrate and put paper towels. Having the dirt will just be a nuisance to clean and can pose health risks. Only have substrate when you put a lay bin. Other than that, your cage seems mostly fine. Have fun with her :)

Thanks. It's bark not dirt, and I was going to take it out, I just didn't want to stress her anymore for the next couple days. I do appreciate the comment though.

Back
Top Bottom