new to the forum but have a concern

MarkG

Hi my name is Mark and i'm interested in getting my family a panther cham, Now I've done a lot of research but the one thing that concern's me is that when I bring the little guy home I have 2 dog's that bark when they hear the mail man or any noise's from outside and I'm terrified that its going to scare him to death. If any one has dog's or any other pet's what are your experience's.

thanks

The noise will not be an issue, your chameleon doesn't have hearing like us. It will be able to "feel" some sounds, but barking shouldn't be a problem. I would be concerned if the dogs were jumping around near the enclosure or if it was in a high traffic area because this could stress your new chameleon a bit. Good luck and...

Welcome to the forums!!! :D

My dogs and cats are not allowed in the room i have my chams in. They get in once in a while and the chams dont seem to care. The dogs are more interested in the various bins of insects I have

As already said, chams cant hear, so the sound will not be a problem.
However, dogs will be considered a dangerous predator to a cham, you need to keep all other animals away from them.
Chams stress very easy, it will already be stressed from being in a new place.

cool thanks, Another concern is that the cage will be downstairs in my man cave where it is darker and cooler is that going to be a problem because there's not a lot of natural sun light down there.

proper and good uvb lighting is the answer for natural sun light, wont be an issue. just in the warmer months try to get the cham out if possible will be really beneficial. however if it will be dark id maybe even suggest a quad light system. but def get a dual t5 + basking

Putting my chams in my basement was the logical option for me also, but it's just too cool and dark down there.
Maintaining the temps and sleep cycles would be too difficult in the basement for me.
I decided to turn my 1st floor living room into a cham jungle instead :eek:

Back
Top Bottom