New to the forum first DYI enclosure

Thanks for all the nice comments , The tapered floor was accomplished by taking a piece of 1/2" plywood and applying a 1/2" 10 degree beveled frame on top and laminating over that with formica to make a smooth transition, then finished by adding a hole in the center with a fitting for a drain.
My Panther is centainly loving his new home ;)

unbelievably good looking for your first time

The cage deff looks great. you should start selling these on the forum ;)

id love to see or hear the plans for the drainage beyond a hole in the base.

im kinda confused
the taper was a great idea, but did you just mention something about drilling a hole in the center with fitting for a drain? what good does a taper do if the drain is in the center?

if the drain is in the center is water allowed to flow underneath to the pot?

is the water flowing straight down into that vase? that would be a great way of keeping the cage aesthetically consistent since you choose to keep the area under the base open instead of enclosed so you can hide chameleon items, drain reservoir, and mist pump

is the base removable for cleaning ect?...

The cage deff looks great. you should start selling these on the forum ;)

id love to see or hear the plans for the drainage beyond a hole in the base.

im kinda confused
the taper was a great idea, but did you just mention something about drilling a hole in the center with fitting for a drain? what good does a taper do if the drain is in the center?

if the drain is in the center is water allowed to flow underneath to the pot?

is the water flowing straight down into that vase? that would be a great way of keeping the cage aesthetically consistent since you choose to keep the area under the base open instead of enclosed so you can hide chameleon items, drain reservoir, and mist pump

is the base removable for cleaning ect?...

The taper is to the center of the floor so the water can drain to the vase below, I could have incorporated a closed in area below but it was not needed in my situation. My misting system is run off of an existing r/o system below the floor in my basement see no need to hide equipment just a tube to the misting heads

Attachments

• 100_2340 (Small).JPG
    100_2340 (Small).JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 159
Absolutely beautiful work! One thing that I cannot gauge from the photos, are legs made of solid 4x4 with the inside corner dado'ed out or are they simply two 1x3's joined together? Also what sort of joins did you use for the screen framing?

Like I said, it's beautiful work.

Luis

Absolutely beautiful work! One thing that I cannot gauge from the photos, are legs made of solid 4x4 with the inside corner dado'ed out or are they simply two 1x3's joined together? Also what sort of joins did you use for the screen framing?

Like I said, it's beautiful work.

Luis

The Legs are 1x3's glued up and the screen frames are set into a rabbited door with thumb levers so the screens can be removed for cleaning or replacement.

Back
Top Bottom