Newbie here, Hello everyone 👋

sleepy717

I’m seriously thinking of getting a Chameleon. I’m researching and looking for information first. I have a bearded dragon and a spotted gecko Presently. I have seen them in the pet shop and really like them. I just don’t know anything about them yet. I want to purchase from a reputable breeder rather than a pet shop. Any advice would be welcomed. Male versus female? Housing things I will need ? what type of food do they eat? Do they need a humidifier? So many questions lol.

Tia 😀

I’m seriously thinking of getting a Chameleon. I’m researching and looking for information first. I have a bearded dragon and a spotted gecko Presently. I have seen them in the pet shop and really like them. I just don’t know anything about them yet. I want to purchase from a reputable breeder rather than a pet shop. Any advice would be welcomed. Male versus female? Housing things I will need ? what type of food do they eat? Do they need a humidifier? So many questions lol.

Tia 😀
Hi and welcome! Yay for doing research first! There are so very many incorrect and out of date sites and just a few which are correct and current. The very best place is https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/ Along with the site content, there are also podcasts and videos on YouTube. Another reliable source is Neptune the chameleon on YouTube. Start doing your research at either of those or where @SteveH suggested and come back here with questions and all. We can help you get a beautiful set up for whichever chameleon you choose. Generally the best to start with are male panthers as you won’t need worry about egg laying and they are less moody. However, either gender of veiled, panther or Jackson’s chameleons have care requirements better suited to beginners.

Tia 😀
Omg yay welcome! I second everything that everyone has said, male panthers are probably the best to begin with care and mood wise. We have a lot of amazing sponsors here in this site that breed beautiful chameleons, so they are definitely worth checking out when you have all your research done!https://www.chameleonforums.com/sponsors/

If you have any questions, concerns or anything else just let us know!

Welcome to the chamily! 💗 You did a great job starting with researching first. I agree with everyone who replied. My first chameleon is a male panther who is amazing. They have beautiful colors (my profile picture shows Loki, my cham), pretty good tempers, and a great beginner level of care. Not to easy not to hard just right. Here is a link to Neptune the Chameleon Discounts on things you will need when getting a chameleon.

Welcome welcome!!! I’m so glad you are starting here first. You’ve gotten some amazing advice from other members here. I would suggest studying the care sheets provided on the chameleon academy website and picking the chameleon you are most interested in that you can also meet their husbandry requirements. I’ve done that with my panther and Jackson’s and am very happy with that process.

As for breeders, you can’t go wrong with Frams Chams, iPardalis and any of the other amazing breeders on this forum.

I hope you stick around, I’d love to see your process in picking a cham, setting up your closure all the fun that comes after!!

Back
Top Bottom