newby habitat questions!

headofahessian

Ive wanted a chameleon ever since I can remember and they had a huge sale on chameleon habitat kits at petco yesterday. ( http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...enclosures/zoo-med-repti-breeze-chameleon-kit ) I decided to pick one up and do some research and figure out what else I need before I get the chameleon! Can y'all help me figure out the rest of what I will need? Misters, calcium sprays, Any sort of supplements or vitamins etc... Thanks in advance for the help!!

You can raise the bottom of that cage just by placing something under it. The include reptile carpet mat can cover the gaps, but will hold water and debris. When it's bigger, you may lower the bottom back to where it was designed to be, and toss out the reptile carpet mat.

Ive wanted a chameleon ever since I can remember and they had a huge sale on chameleon habitat kits at petco yesterday. ( http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...enclosures/zoo-med-repti-breeze-chameleon-kit ) I decided to pick one up and do some research and figure out what else I need before I get the chameleon! Can y'all help me figure out the rest of what I will need? Misters, calcium sprays, Any sort of supplements or vitamins etc... Thanks in advance for the help!!
I bought this originally....
You need more plants, at least 2 more vines, and a mister. The compact UVBs are not the best but it will do for now until you upgrade, then I would recomend a linear one. The heat bulb also burns out quickly. The vitamin powder has d3 so I dont think you will need calcium with d3 but I may be wrong

The vitamin powder has d3 so I dont think you will need calcium with d3 but I may be wrong
You are correct. The very small included sample of Reptivite has D3 [cholecalciferol]. The Included sample of Repti Calcium does not have D3 and ought to last a few months. He can probably get a few months from the small Reptivite sample too, since he will only be using it every two weeks.

Last edited:
Well the kit comes with a calcium that should last while and comes with a heat light and UBV as you may know but as for the misters you can buy one at Petco for about 60$ or you can buy a sprayer from Petco and spray the cage every 2 hours or so...By the way make sure that the water doesn't have chlorine in it, it will burn there skin!!!:((y)

Back
Top Bottom