Not eating, Weak flap necked chameleon

Bowser_offroad

Hi! We found a very weak flap necked chameleon in our garden in Tanzania. She's barely walks, doesn't eat or drink, and rests / closes eyes a lot. We force fed her some bugs, but not a lot. She doesn't use her tongue. While climbing she looses grip. Colour adaptation is good. Age unknown. No specialized vets are anywhere near. Does anyone have advise for things we can do ourselves?

Attachments

• IMG-20240804-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240804-WA0005.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 9
Poor thing, she doesn't directly looks like she's dying or shutting down. Maybe try to force her to drink, with syringe or some kind. But be careful to aim far enough inside her mouth, because their airway is up on front and they can easily aspirate http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2014/05/how-to-give-different-medicines.html
Thanks you so much for your reply. We force fed her a small amount of small beatles and worms. Today we also fed her 2ml of water (thanks for the airway info!). I read that it should be around 20-30 ml per kilo per 24h (?).

Thanks you so much for your reply. We force fed her a small amount of small beatles and worms. Today we also fed her 2ml of water (thanks for the airway info!). I read that it should be around 20-30 ml per kilo per 24h (?).
I've never seen an exact number and always wondered it myself as well. Also to be honest, I've never did real research for it. In assumption the 20-30ml per kilo is correct, you've done the right thing. Hopefully, she bounces back 🤞🙏 Thankyou for helping her

Back
Top Bottom