not much color to my veiled

blamb

I have around a year old male veiled. I know they change colors with their temperment and all, but I won't even mess with him, and it seems like his colors all the time are gray,brown, dark type colors. Even when he is out of his cage or sleeping his colors are rather dark, I've seen a few light yellow stripes on him, but not much. Is that just the color of him??? Just wondering

cage is 18x18x36 tall screen cage
temp is 75 with basking spots of 85-90, uva,uvb,heat in one
no traffic,drip system,plus spray
eats like a hog and is very active. dust all food

He is always in different spots of the cage, so he is active.

cage is 18x18x36 tall screen cage
temp is 75 with basking spots of 85-90,- what are you using to measure the heat? sticky therm.? Temp Gun etc? uva,uvb,heat in one - You mean a mecury vapor bulb? Such as Power Sun?
no traffic,drip system,plus spray - How long is the mist/spray per spray? How many times per day?
eats like a hog - What is he offered/eating?and is very active. dust all food - Dust with what, please be specific?

He is always in different spots of the cage, so he is active.

It may seem time consuming to fill in the form in its entirety but it will be very beneficial for others to help you. The more information the better advice, more acurate advice can be given.

Pictures will be extremely helpful as well.

Mine is the same way. He is dark ALL the time. Except when he gets mad, then he shows his color. Otherwise, he is dark brown all the time. I have asked about this before and never recieved any good information about it. Maybe you will have better results with your question though.

It may seem time consuming to fill in the form in its entirety but it will be very beneficial for others to help you. The more information the better advice, more acurate advice can be given.

Pictures will be extremely helpful as well.

rmhawk: You have to fill out the form! All of it! The folks here are more than happy to help, you just have to give the info...that's all. I'm new and have never seen any problems with them helping. Give it another shot. You'll see.

Back
Top Bottom