Not sure if she is stressed, mad or sick?

rickwalsh993

My veiled is acting a little strange. I though she may be sick but I brought her to a credible vet and they say she is fine. I believe it may be stress because of how much she has been handled. First I brought her home, then she needed a new cage after a few days so i moved her, then a couple days after that I handled her for a good while, then maybe 3 or 4 days after that I brought her to the vet. and now she does seem to drink (I've seen her) and eat (haven't seen but i put crickets in and they aren't there anymore) but she does close both eyes a lot and a lot of times will get dark green spots if i go near her enclosure. Any help or idea's are appreciated

Please answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum so we can help you better.
How old is she?
Does she have a place to dig in her cage to show you when she needs to lay eggs?

Your Chameleon - I have a female veiled chameleon, She has been in my care for about 2 and a half weeks.
Handling -Not often but, I did handle her a lot within a 6 day span. Could be source of issue.
Feeding - I'm feeding her two crickets every other day.
Supplements - I am using Herptivite for normal Vitamins and another product for D3 an A. Not sure the name.
Watering - I have two home made drippers and spray very once in a while. I have seen her drink a few times.
Fecal Description - Not watery or anything. Has white urine and normal looking poop.
History - Did have to bring her to the vet for possible URI but was told she was fine. There was a little handling the days before this too. Could be Stress source?

Cage Type - Screen cage, About 2 feet high, foot and a half wide, foot and a half deep.
Lighting - I have a 75 watt heating bulb, and a Zilla Slimline 25 UVB T8 Florescent Bulb for UVB.
Temperature - Basking spot is around 80 to 87. It's hard to keep a good steady Temp in my room for some reason. rest of cage is probably around 75 to 80.
Humidity - Not sure of Humidity, but trying to keep it humid, my room stays humid though for a while.
Plants - Just a couple wisteria vines.
Placement -Near a window and about 3 feet off the ground.
Location - Massachusetts.

This is some of what she is doing, Plus she will get dark spots and stripes. And is seeming to Stay on the ceiling a lot of the time? Any ideas what that could be?

Attachments

• 20140628_185743[1].jpg
    20140628_185743[1].jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 20140628_135422[1].jpg
    20140628_135422[1].jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 20140628_135414[1].jpg
    20140628_135414[1].jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 159
I just got a female about 8months reading her behavior is a bite hard ??? Help me if anyone has had females and raised them to full health??

How old is she rickwalsh993?
I think she could eat more than two crickets every other day.
Unsure of your supplement schedule, for veiled it is plain calcium every feeding, calcium with d3 every two weeks and multi vit every two weeks.
Your cage you say is wider than it is tall? Could you turn it round so it's 4ft tall. Chams prefer height over width.
Try some live plants in there, will help with humidity and look good, aswell as helping your Cham feel a bit more secure.
Check out the care sheets on here.
Kath.

She is about 2 or 3 months old i believe, and i must've said the demensions wrong, its about 3 and a half feet tall and 1 and half deep and 1 and a half wide, and ok I'll feed her more, gonna feed her now actually.

At that young I would think she should be getting all the food she wants. I don't think you cut back feeding tell females 6-8 months. They need all the nutrients they can get to grow. Later you will slow her feeding to slow egg production. Also get something to check humidity its a important part of their life.

Back
Top Bottom