OH MY GOD!!!

Veild Cham Owner

Avid Member
When u find out your local petstore carries horn worm:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm sure my 7 1/2 old Cham will love it!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 209
Yikes! $3.50 for just one?! I'm so thankful for my local shop. She sells em 25 for $13.99 but there's usually about 30-50 per cup.
I'm happy you got your guy one at least. My pacman, beardie and cham all LOVE hornworms! Have you considered ordering them off line? I've seen a few places that have great deals and the shpiping wasn't too bad. It totally beats $3.50 for one :confused:

Ive been using mulberry farms, get 25 of them at around a inch a piece for I want to say around 11.95, they come in there own growing cup. You flip the cup upside down and the poop on the lid and the food is stuck to the top. Its amazing how simple yet effective it is. at 12$ for 25 your paying .50 a worm. Just slow thre growth down are they will get MASSIVE. When my cham wasnt drinking much i fed her some horn worms and her urate went strait white lol

Ive been using mulberry farms, get 25 of them at around a inch a piece for I want to say around 11.95, they come in there own growing cup. You flip the cup upside down and the poop on the lid and the food is stuck to the top. Its amazing how simple yet effective it is. at 12$ for 25 your paying .50 a worm. Just slow thre growth down are they will get MASSIVE. When my cham wasnt drinking much i fed her some horn worms and her urate went strait white lol
I will check out that website, yea it seems like it has already grown a lil, I am feeding it to him tmro so I'm sure it will be ok. Do h think it will be to big? My Cham is about 7 1/2 months old and the worm is about an inch big. People were telling me to get hornworms in a different thred but idk

Oh yeah you will be fine, he/she will gobble it up, just feed it close to your cham, they have a very strong grip and if you make them shoot there tongue out too far it could injure it. If you cant feed your cham by hand just stick it on the vine close to them, if they hit it with there tongue and the worm doesn't move they run run and snatch it with there mouth, After a few feedings they associate what kind of worm it is and just run up to them haha

Link to worms:
http://www.mulberryfarms.com/HORNWORMS-GOLIATHS-/Live-Hornworms/Hornworm-Cup-Green-p355.html

They also have silkworms, there worms are tailored as feeders for reptiles

Oh yeah you will be fine, he/she will gobble it up, just feed it close to your cham, they have a very strong grip and if you make them shoot there tongue out too far it could injure it. If you cant feed your cham by hand just stick it on the vine close to them, if they hit it with there tongue and the worm doesn't move they run run and snatch it with there mouth, After a few feedings they associate what kind of worm it is and just run up to them haha

Link to worms:
http://www.mulberryfarms.com/HORNWORMS-GOLIATHS-/Live-Hornworms/Hornworm-Cup-Green-p355.html

They also have silkworms, there worms are tailored as feeders for reptiles
Ok thanks for the info!! I was thinking about silk worms also but I couldn't find a good website but now I do!!!

If the worms get to big just let them turn into a moth. My cham lives the moths equally as much and it's fun watching them transform

@LindsayG I have 4 horn worms that got WAYYY too big. maybe almost the size of the cham body lol. When would they turn into a moth you think? They are still eating the food and growing i have no idea how to dispatch them.

@LindsayG I have 4 horn worms that got WAYYY too big. maybe almost the size of the cham body lol. When would they turn into a moth you think? They are still eating the food and growing i have no idea how to dispatch them.
It takes 3 weeks for them to fully grow so they will probs turn soon, I am assuming the turn into moths within the 3 weeks. How long have u had them for?

Here he is munchin on his first hornworm!! It took him a whole lot quicker that I thought it would to eat. I've seen videos of chams eating them and it takes them like 10 mins and it only took him 2!! It took him a while to realize it was good but then when it started to wiggle around he figured it out.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 157
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 155

Once they are fully grown, take them out and put them in like a shallow tuperware box with semi dampened coconut fiber or other dirt. They no longer need any food. I was told they need good humidity because the first time I did it I had to cut the moth out of its shell. I just hatched 3 perfectly with this method. It does take a few weeks but they flap they're wings like crazy and the chams love it. It's so much fun watching them chase them down and gobble them up

So since I would want them to slow down their growth should I put them in the fridge like I do with my mealworms and wax worms? Or will they freeze to death

So since I would want them to slow down their growth should I put them in the fridge like I do with my mealworms and wax worms? Or will they freeze to death

Just don't give them any food. Put them in a separate container. They don't need to eat every day. They totally pork out when it's hot so just don't give them free access to food. You don't need to refrigerate them. I think that kills them. I could be wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom