omg, they stink!

Sorry for multiple posts. The cricket bins with computer fan can be used with a carbon filterfor fresh smelling crickets. check out youtube its gets you thinking.

do you ever get tired of that Sandra:p! Your so nice and helpful, I see you having this same conversation just about every week haha! Your a very good facilitator of knowledge, you totally deserve a trophy for being the site nutritionist lol

Hahaha. As a tech.. You just hit my spot with that computer fan. Nice idea and reading on Dubia not legal here in FL. Plus the idea of a Roach in the house dosent set on my wife head. Thanks

hahaha my wife still thinks that they are dubia beetles lol! just a little white lie;)

That is really interesting and I had never considered that. I can barely touch a penny bc of how I know it is going to make my hands smell. I have never understood why it never really bothered anyone else but me. The smell is so strong and pungeant, it does remind me of the way that smells overpower you when you are pregnany. It is very similar to that.

Me too! and coins! I hate touching them because of the smell.

Ive found its actually not uncommon, more in women than men, to dislike the smell of metals. But it is kinda weird. LOL

I read that when a cricket dies its body releases a gas that is deadly to other crickets. Ive noticed the smell will linger a bit until you rinse out your cricket hotel.

It is a good idea to immediately remove dead ones

crickets live 8 weeks?

Not usually. more often 6 weeks. But I've had them live 7 often (probably because of low temps).

do you ever get tired of that Sandra:p! Your so nice and helpful, I see you having this same conversation just about every week haha! Your a very good facilitator of knowledge, you totally deserve a trophy for being the site nutritionist lol

LOL Thank you.
I do sometimes feel like a bit of a repeat button. But while the info is not new to me (or anyone who has been on the forum awhile), sometimes the info IS new and useful to others and sometimes appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom