Omg what is this!?

Those are the crown jewels, as it were.

Just check back and make sure he's pulled it back in in a few minutes.

Hah, this made me giggle a bit ;)

What you see is called a prolapse. If it doesn't go back inside in 10 minutes, i'd suggest getting some KY jelly and rubbing it on the crown jewels. Oh, Did i mention KY Jelly? For a chameleon? Yup. lol

KY is unscented and doesn't have any harmful chemicals. It moistens the chameleons man-hood and makes it easier for them to tuck their junk back in. Also you don't want it to dry out, this can cause a bunch of problems and might be possible to go through surgery. If it really doesn't go back in, even with the KY and time then you can try soaking his junk in some cold sugar water. This can help the swelling go down. If none of this works, Then the Vet is the only option that comes to my mind. They'll take care of him.

Some chameleons have bigger packages than others. And you my friend have a big boy :cool:

Update us on your big boy, hope he gets better!

-Gabe

Last edited:
...If it really doesn't go back in, even with the KY and time then you can try soaking his junk in some warm sugar water. This can help the swelling go down...

-Gabe

COLD sugar water! Cold cold cold, I can't stress this enough. This is the one moment when you do want shrinkage! Warm water will dilate blood vessels more and make the prolapse worse.

COLD sugar water! Cold cold cold, I can't stress this enough. This is the one moment when you do want shrinkage! Warm water will dilate blood vessels more and make the prolapse worse.
Really? Whoops! I'll edit my comment and write cold for future reference.

Sorry! Thanks for catching that!

Thank you for the help. Luckily it wasnt out for a long time, but next time ill be more prepared. It caught me completely off guard.

Back
Top Bottom