Opinions on my setup

Nursemaia

Chameleon Enthusiast
I should be receiving a 3 month old pather this Friday. I have experience with veiled but he's my 1st panther, I'm aware their care is similar. I would like opinions on how his starter enclosure looks. I know it's not big enough for him to stay in, I have a 4x4x6 enclosure he'll eventually move into. I have UVB and heat and gauges too. It's a small reptibreeze.

Attachments

• 2016-04-06 19.50.10.jpg
    2016-04-06 19.50.10.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 223
I'm sure you will get better advice, but I would recommend having a horizontal branch at the top for a basking spot as well as some more branches or vines in the middle as "highways" for your cham to get around

Definitely more horizontal branches. You could try draping the vines from the trailing plants over the horizontal ones to the top to give him vertical highways to come and go. Just be careful to not put branches too close to the basking spot or it could burn your little guy.

I added some more branches, look good?

Attachments

• 2016-04-07 00.19.29.jpg
    2016-04-07 00.19.29.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 147
I'm never going to see him there, I have so much foliage. Lol.

It seems the harder it is to find your chameleon, the better the enclosure. (y) Especially for a young one, they know how small they are and I think they feel more comfortable being hidden. All the leaves will hold water from spraying and give him plenty of places to drink water from, and it will make pockets of humidity that he can go in and out of as he pleases.

Looks like a jungle! I love it! Just keep in mind that it is a good idea to be able to clean the bottom of the cage propperly! That is where all the yucky stuff collects. Also, the top 6 inches below the light is where your baby will get the most valuable UVB is to be found. Overall, great job!!!

Looks like a jungle! I love it! Just keep in mind that it is a good idea to be able to clean the bottom of the cage propperly! That is where all the yucky stuff collects. Also, the top 6 inches below the light is where your baby will get the most valuable UVB is to be found. Overall, great job!!!
The bottom is cage carpet and I take everything out of my enclosures and clean everything in the shower once a month. Spot clean as needed.

Back
Top Bottom