ordering a new cham in winter???.

goldfish423

This isn't a good idea right? i feel I'm ready for a second and want to order a panther. but i live in Minnesota and its below freezing. is there any ideas on this? maybe I should get a P.O. box

I live in Michigan just got one a last week I just found a place I wanted one from then just waited for it to warm up a bit he came from California and he is doing good

The main thing in shipping is watching the the weather for a good day where there are no problems in Memphis and Louisville - and knowing where your local depot is - you can have a chameleon shipped "hold at location" and pick him/her up - this saves the risk of having them on a delivery truck for a couple of hours.
Almost all Fed Ex shipments go through Memphis so look out for storms that are going to hit there - some of the locations they have for "hold at location" are kinko's stores I like the actual "fed ex" locations better.
I work in the shipping dept at my job and while I've only had one chameleon shipped I've learned that you may have a delay for packages if there's a storm anywhere near Memphis-
When I was expecting my little guy I found out when a package coming in would be available for pick up from the nearest place to my home and work and found out it was earlier at the location by work so I picked him up there- He spent 13 hours in transit and came in in great shape in early Feb - A good breeders will know this and when I had my guy shipped I called UPS (when i found out he was coming UPS) and asked them - they pay people to answer any questions you may have and calling them before hand actually can help-
it's 1800 Go Fed Ex for Fed Ex and 1-800-PICK-UPS for UPS -

Ordering in the winter is not a big deal. If you see a panther that you like, just purchase him and wait for the weather to warm up. I held over 20 babies for 2 months this winter. Yes it sucked to wait but at least the people that purchased babies made sure they got the baby they wanted. I'll hold babies as long as it takes if the weather is holding up shipping.

Back
Top Bottom