Outside chameleon question?

Andrew27

Do you abesolutely HAVE to bring your chameleon outside? My chameleon gets extremely stressed out when I hold her, plus I have no outdoor enclosure. I have 5.0 UVB exo terra coil bulb, and I will be getting a tube 5.0 reptisun in a few days. I give calcium supplements a few times a week and a multivitamin with D3 every 4-6 weeks or so.

No, but it is SO beneficial for them to do so. Get a large potted plant. Open the door of the cage and see if you can get her to climb onto that. If you can, then carry it outside with her on it. I say the benefits of the natural uvb outweigh a little bit of stress!! BTW, I am sure you know not leave the plant unattended.

No, you don't need to. But they seem to thrive outside. She might be scared at the begining, because she is in a new environment, but she will enjoy it with time ;)
You should use plain calcium every feeding, multivitamin and calcium with d3 twice a month.

No, you don't need to. But they seem to thrive outside. She might be scared at the begining, because she is in a new environment, but she will enjoy it with time ;)
You should use plain calcium every feeding, multivitamin and calcium with d3 twice a month.

I think he has a Jackson's and therefore the supplementing is done less than with the Panther's and Veild's. If not, then yes you are right.

It's kind of like having a toddler. You have to take them kicking and screaming into the bathtub, but once they're in the tub you can't get them out! Take her out, she'll love it!! :D

Back
Top Bottom