panther chameleon's Brown???

kewlgirlno1

Hi all. i am new to this forum. i am looking for advice about my chameleon's.... i got 2 babies last wk, both girls... i was told they were about 4 months old. they are very small.... and brown in colour, i have seperated them due to 1 of them trying to attack the other, their temp is 80... and the humidity is fine, i spray 2-3 times a day. but i am worried because of their colour, they r both brown, and i can honestly say i havent seen them eat much at all.. and help and advice would be grateful... Thank You

pam

Hi and welcome to the forum. You did well to separate them. One can become dominant and cause lots of stress to the other. Now they are in their separate vivs can they see each other? If so it would be good to create a visual barrier. You have only had them for a week so I would give them time to settle in. Do you have plenty leaves and branches for them to hide in? Instead of crickets you could try small locusts ( if you can get them where you live) also fruit flys. They might be too small but might get them interested. I am using curly wing flys just now and it keeps mine busy all day. Some chams won't eat while being watched. :) good luck and keep posting.

thank you for the replies....

they can not c each other, we have put plenty of plants so there is places for them to hide. when we hold them, they change colour to green, and when we put them back in they change back to black/brown... we r looking online to c if we can get some fruit fly's. we have already ordered calci worms. hopefully they will try and eat them.

thank you again :)

we r picking up some fruit fly's tmw... and esme is shedding so that means she is eating, although i am not sure about bella as she is sleeping with her face down... :(

What time does your lights go out? Mine go out at 7 but Popeye is often ready to sleep from 6 onward. I think it could something to do with the crappy weather we are having just now.:(

hi, we got our girls new reptibreeze, new plants and trying hard to find some weeping willows. the girls r still a bit dark in colour and it is hard to tr and get them to eat without scaring them, so i put in some fruit flies, hoping they will eat them..
havent really established a time to switch it of, we just switch it of about 9ish, is that to late?

hi, we got our girls new reptibreeze, new plants and trying hard to find some weeping willows. the girls r still a bit dark in colour and it is hard to tr and get them to eat without scaring them, so i put in some fruit flies, hoping they will eat them..
havent really established a time to switch it of, we just switch it of about 9ish, is that to late?

12hrs on 12hrs off. I try to mimic sun up, sun down.
I managed to get small ficus from Asda. Home base also have small ficus.

Back
Top Bottom