Panther female: color after laying?

BakedGoodies

Hello! So my female panther chameleon laid 18 eggs Saturday. :) She's eating and drinking (she drank for two hours yesterday, wow), lost 12 grams. But she's still showing gravid colors.

So what color should a female panther chameleon turn after laying eggs? Does the gravid colors mean she isn't done? I put the laying bin back to make sure and am giving her privacy just to make sure it's all good. If I notice any sickness signs, I'll take her to my vet no problem.

Thanks!

The girls will sometimes still look dark after laying. I think it's very stressful for them. Eating and drinking is a good sign. For now just keep a close eye on her and get her to the vets if she shows any signs of going downhill.

Yeah I've been feeding her a lot of superworms and been dusting the crickets with calcium. She's being active too so I'm assuming it's a good sign. I just wasn't sure if she was "done" laying eggs because of her coloring..

Yeah I've been feeding her a lot of superworms and been dusting the crickets with calcium. She's being active too so I'm assuming it's a good sign. I just wasn't sure if she was "done" laying eggs because of her coloring..

Feed her well for 3 days after laying and then start cutting her back.

The gravid look is also the non receptive look. She can sport those colors after laying up until she turns receptive again.

Back
Top Bottom