parsons?

Chali2naRap

so i own a jacksons chameleon, and of course im struck with chameleon fever. i know for a fact ill be owning more in the future. i really want my next to be a parsons but from what i understand they have high expectations when it comes to the set up plan and idk of any defficiencies im just trying to get a general understanding of what i need to be thinking about before approaching to house one of these giants...

Well the first thing to consider is their price. Around $2000, sometimes lower or cheaper. Care though, I can't tell you a lot about.

so i own a jacksons chameleon, and of course im struck with chameleon fever. i know for a fact ill be owning more in the future. i really want my next to be a parsons but from what i understand they have high expectations when it comes to the set up plan and idk of any defficiencies im just trying to get a general understanding of what i need to be thinking about before approaching to house one of these giants...

HAHAHA ive been into chams seriously for about 15 years now (18 in total)

i still havent jumped into parsons, and that IS my goal..to breed and house parsons chameleons..they are a huge life choice, much like a child..they are extremly expensive ( i dont just mean the 1800-3500 dollar price tag) vet bills, housing, feeding all come into account..to put it easily, they must be housed as if the are in the wild (like zoo quality set ups, but even better!!)

also just one neat fact...egg incubation normally takes around 2 years...

ied say get some years(and years and years) of experience with other species and then maybe it would be safe to dabble into keeping parsons chameleons..:D

Well the first thing to consider is their price. Around $2000, sometimes lower or cheaper. Care though, I can't tell you a lot about.

2000 is super cheap for a parson. 2000 is the LOWEST you can find a healthy one. You can get them in a couple of places if your lucky and if u have the money. If you are going to get a parson I recommend to work your way up working with other than panthers or veileds and othe common species because you will need the experience as I don't think anyone want to just spend thousands of dollars. They are beautiful chams I understand your desire. :) good luck I hope this helped!

ya thats pretty much the same thing im shooting for, i dont expect to have one for years and years anyway i just wanted a little insight cuz if it happens it would be a long project to put together. thats crazy about the egg incubation, i assume this is why prices are high for them. i also have read about them hybernating and not eating for months at a time without losing any weight at all.... incredible

ya thats pretty much the same thing im shooting for, i dont expect to have one for years and years anyway i just wanted a little insight cuz if it happens it would be a long project to put together. thats crazy about the egg incubation, i assume this is why prices are high for them. i also have read about them hybernating and not eating for months at a time without losing any weight at all.... incredible

good good, so you have been reading on them..and yes that is why they should be considered "protected" by at least all of "us" forums users at the least..its been a plan of mine to try and contribute to that species by breeding and (at least trying) to hatch out some pure captive bred babies that will at least have paperwork from there(so they can be documented)..its sad soo many are taken from the wild, and sold to people that "just have the money"..

they are beautiful creatures and it would be super awesome to eventually own one and like you said help the cause, honestly if you do end up with a parsons at some point and you do succesfully get some hatchlings you should really message me. even if you just get the eggs themselves that would be appreciated!! thanks:D

they are beautiful creatures and it would be super awesome to eventually own one and like you said help the cause, honestly if you do end up with a parsons at some point and you do succesfully get some hatchlings you should really message me. even if you just get the eggs themselves that would be appreciated!! thanks:D

well when i do have a pair or trio and i do have eggs hatch (if that was succsessful, by that time im sure you would have learned at least what you would require to house at least a single male..lol:D ( it would be at least 4 or 5 years from now, haha):D

o ya by then i should have at least a few more things figured out about chameleons in general. idk if ill be ready for parsons at that time but if the times right and you got the little ones at a few months i might have to just snatch one :D

o ya by then i should have at least a few more things figured out about chameleons in general. idk if ill be ready for parsons at that time but if the times right and you got the little ones at a few months i might have to just snatch one :D

haha totally!! lol

well i know i will have panther babies available waaaay before parsons :D

(blue bar ambilobe's sired from GIXXER)

(next are bba's sired from ZEKE)

maybe one day i can say that about some parsonii' !!!! lol:D

Checking ages here---
How many remember when Parsons were 80 to 100?
Unfortanatly for me, was in San Diego when they were going for 100 and was going to purchase a pair but moved to Memphis and in the next few months they stopped selling them. When they were available again they hit the 3 to 5 K mark if someone found a breeder. (and had to be placed on a 2 year waiting list)
Awesome creatures...

Checking ages here---
Unfortanatly for me, was in San Diego when they were going for 100 and was going to purchase a pair but moved to Memphis and in the next few months they stopped selling them. When they were available again they hit the 3 to 5 K mark if someone found a breeder. (and had to be placed on a 2 year waiting list)
Awesome creatures...

yep..they had one at the place where i bought a senegal as my first cham..they had parsons for about 300 for a big male, but i figured was too big and wanted a smaller one..(shoulda coulda woulda)

im 31 now..started chams at 11, (brother kept them for 7 years prior..learned from him and moved on):D..why am i still obcessed with chams??:D

basically 88-91' is when i saw those prices..still remember cause they were huge chams in person!!

ohh and i live in sandiego...

so p.s. where was it you saw them?? the show? pet kingdom????

I think it was Pet Kingdom, I went there to get some Dwarf Tortoises and pancake Tortoises. Would have been in 91, just returned from Desert Shield/storm.

There awsome chameleons I have 1 big guy ... no set up i have him in a big ficus tree inside my Room i only cage him too feed him ... heres a pic .. i also have a big reptile room where i let him free when i am at work

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332912408990.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332912408990.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 107
Checking ages here---
Awesome creatures...

I remember that. My dad and I would sometimes go to a place in Riverside called rainforest reptiles or something like that and they had vines stretched out across the ceiling and they had panthers and parsons and other species on them. Full grown Parsons were $100 but we didnt get any because they were too sluggish for our liking! lol wow. If we only knew then what we know now but, thats life.

haha totally!! lol

well i know i will have panther babies available waaaay before parsons :D

(blue bar ambilobe's sired from GIXXER)

(next are bba's sired from ZEKE)

maybe one day i can say that about some parsonii' !!!! lol:D
thats great!! im only 19 right now and i just got my first one, hes a jackson so i still got a ways to go. when you going to have those baby panthers? reason i ask is my good friend who i also got started into chameleons has been getting his enclosure set up for about a month now, he really wants a panther, only problem.. no good breeders here around Madison WI. so hes kinda just waiting, i told him to join the forum but if your going to sell your males at however many months i guarantee he will buy it as long as the price is right and hes a healthy little guy

thats great!! im only 19 right now and i just got my first one, hes a jackson so i still got a ways to go. when you going to have those baby panthers? reason i ask is my good friend who i also got started into chameleons has been getting his enclosure set up for about a month now, he really wants a panther, only problem.. no good breeders here around Madison WI. so hes kinda just waiting, i told him to join the forum but if your going to sell your males at however many months i guarantee he will buy it as long as the price is right and hes a healthy little guy

sdheli should have panthers hatching by the end of the year. maybe.
lol.

Back
Top Bottom