Petco steered me a little wrong.

FluffyDuff

So I went to petco to get some thing for my fischers. He is nameless at the moment. I bought a zoo med terrarium hood, put the buds in. One for basking and one for uvb. Well apparently it was not meant for the basking bulb because the hood started to melt. I caught it in time but I now know to read and not believe everything they say. I also have a question. The guy that gave him to me didn't know what he was doing and didn't have a uvb light! For like 5 months! Should I ramp up the uvb exposure or just start a routine?

Welcome to the forums. You found the right place to learn all about your new friend and how to help him live a healthy happy life.
I would get him as real sun as much as possable! The morning sun is the best before it gets to hot outside.Example: This morning about 9am it hit about 65 outside so I my panther Franklin outside in his sunning cage. it has shade and full sun, about noon it hit 82 so i brought him inside. Your inside setup should have a reptisun ot reptiglow 5.0 linular floresent bulb and a 40-60watt basking bulb both set to 12 on and 12 off Rember chams live in trees so provide him with plenty of vines&sticks with live plants in his enclosure for him to climb on and bask . Put him on a regular suppliment schedule ASAP!! 1st calicum w/d3 and herbavite or a vit.suppliment 2 times a month and calicum w/o d3 every day on his well gutloaded insects. Maybe a full round of suppliments to start. Do some research on how other with you species keep there chamelen.Well thats will give you somthing to think about untill sombody else chimes in.

You've probably already learned this lesson, but I'll say it anyway: don't believe anyone. Research, read and then research some more. Then draw your own best conclusion.

You'll always get conflicting advice, so you need to take the lead and check things out. It's good that we live in the age of the internet so you can have access to many sources of information.

You've probably already learned this lesson, but I'll say it anyway: don't believe anyone. Research, read and then research some more. Then draw your own best conclusion.

You'll always get conflicting advice, so you need to take the lead and check things out. It's good that we live in the age of the internet so you can have access to many sources of information.

couldn't have said it better!

I'm pretty much gobbling up every bit of information I can. My Cham had a rough start with his first owner so I want to make up for it. Once I can post pic I will. I pretty much live on this website reading everything I can lay my eyes on.

I will try to post one tomorrow. My phone won't let. I was going to post a pic of him as my avatar but the photo is too big and I don't know how to resize on my phone. I really want to post a pic so I can find out what type of fischers he is and to get a visual assessment of him and his enclosure from you experts. I want to be a responsible owner. He is probably 4 inches not including his tail. I have only seen him dark green, green and a pale almost yellow green. He has ate 4-5 crickets in the last 24 hours that I have had him. To be honest I don't even know if it is a male or female. Today while I was setting up his cage I let him free roam on a majesty palm. He seemed to like it I only wish it would fit in his habitat.

Looks pretty good. He is a male Kinyongia multituberculata.

Impartial shed means not enough humidity but I am sure you are on top of that. Cage is nice too. He has monster huge horns!

I am so glad you think my cage looks good. I've been staring at it all day thinking of what else he might need. Trying to make him happy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom