Phoenix worms?

Whatcamo

Hey just curious who feeds them what's your views on them etc. just getting ready to get a food order together so I'll have a rounded diet ready to go when my cham comes

I've bought a couple of batches of them, my female seems to love them, my male has eaten a few, but won't look at them now.......
Don't let my fussy eater put you off though, they are really healthy food. You don't need to feed or calcium dust them, and you can keep them in whatever box they come in.
I feed mine just butternut squash, they seem to love that and I prefer to give them some food before they meet their doom :)
The black soldier flies they grow into are fun too, they look cool and chams love them. My male ate a good few of them, but still took against them (he's a weird one I think.....)
2 feeders in one, healthy, easy to keep, I highly recommend getting a few in.....you can store them for ages in the fridge if you want too..........

Neither of my chameleons will eat either the worms or the flies. They react to the files the way my daughter does a house fly: ignore the irritant and glare at the "keepers" because they have obviously failed by allowing this to happen.

So...just saying it's not a done deal.

I really wanted the Phoenix Worms to be a preferred food because they are easily attainable but my current chameleons are not interested.

Hopefully, yours will enjoy them. From a nutritional stand point, they are gret.

My juvenile veiled gets phoenix worms. She usually freaks out (in a good way) for new things, then rethinks and won't eat them for a while. I'm having good luck with crickets+phoenix+dubia.

I like not having to feed or house the phoenixes. I honestly don't know how many med or small worms make up a med/large cricket. Or dubs. And its not like I have a scale fine enough to weigh the critters. So I feed a small number, and if they're gone by midday, I send in dusted crickets, again just a small number.

Submitted for your approval,
Tyg

I have a 4 mo old male and he LOVES everything I've put in his cage.. except phoenix worms, the one thing i was really praying he'd love. He'll eat them when they're flies, but as worms.. It's the one kind he won't touch. I mix them in a feeder cup with crickets and all that will remain our worms. Worst case scenario you can always put the worms on your live plants and in a couple weeks have flies!

Make sure the lizards chew them because they can/will come out whole again if they aren't "popped."

Back
Top Bottom