planning for a chameleon: cage placement?

kschmitt

We've been planning to get a chameleon from an animal expo in December, so I've been trawling through the forums for the past week or three to study up and prepare. My wife is thinking Nosey Be, since it would look like Pascal from Tangled. I was leaning towards Jackson's, because it's as close to a pet dinosaur as I've ever seen.

That said, the best place we have for a cage/vivarium is a corner in the living room. It doesn't drop below the low 60s (F) in the corner, and there's no vent or return by it. The chameleon would have at least some view of both a window and the TV, but not much in the way of direct sunlight.

Would that arrangement be OK, or too stressful on an animal known to be so solitary?

Thanks!

from my own personal experience from owning my one and only cham, the tv never seems to bother him.

Hi, welcome
I have chams that free range in the living room at times, the tv doesnt seem to bother them. The others if they are not settling down for the night with the tv on I just put a towel around their cage, when I go to bed, I take it off that way the air continues to circulate.

Enjoy your chams, come here to ask any questions, most petstores do not have the correct info on chams.

Might as well tell you now, it is mandatory to post pics of your chammie, so take lots!
anne

What area are you from?
We have some site sponsers that might be able to help you before the expo.;)

I'm in the Chicago Suburbs. I've browsed the sponsor websites a bit, but none of them are local to me (that I could tell).

I'll order online if I have to, but wanted the experience of going to see the animals myself, pick one out, bring it home.

Getting one shipped in the mail is probably fine for them, but I'd be stressed out that the animal would be stressed out or hurt. That, and it doesn't seem as personal.

I have my guy in the living room and he seems to do just fine. Make sure you have plenty of plant material for the chameleon to hide and it should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom