Possible New Cham Owner

LucasD

So I'm trying to convince my roommate to get a chameleon as well. After seeing how much time and money I've put into mine, he isn't so sure. So I'm looking around for him. What's the most inexpensive and easiest to care for chameleon out there? Don't get me wrong, it won't be neglected, but hes looking for one that would fit into his budget. Preferrably small. Can anyone help me?

i'd say get a Hoe. But i'm not sure how easy they are to care for. They would do good in a medium-large ExoTerra.

Wait, we are talking about a budget and not my wish list. lol sorry

Yeah, but vieleds arent very nice to look at, compared to a jackson ;)

You take that back...:mad:
yellow.jpg

cage

if u not to picky on how cage looks u can make one out of pvc and coated wire mesh for fairly cheap not the best looking but does the trick

the beautiful thing about Chameleons and lizards in general is that once you put the money in for the cage and setup to make sure everything is sweet, they aren't that expensive to take care of compared to a dog or cat.

that being said I don't think you will find a specific bread that is cheaper to get setup for. If he wants something cheap tell him to get a bearded dragon lol. They can have some cool colors, are hardy as shit, and their setups are real easy

you say roommate. are the chams going to be kept in the same room if so you may want to stay with chams that have similar keeping reqirements.
one it will be easier to keep prop, temps and humidty
2 you could save each other by sharing timers, mist systems, bulk feeders, suppelemnts ect.
just an idea

you say roommate. are the chams going to be kept in the same room if so you may want to stay with chams that have similar keeping reqirements.
one it will be easier to keep prop, temps and humidty
2 you could save each other by sharing timers, mist systems, bulk feeders, suppelemnts ect.
just an idea

Unfortunately yes, they would have to be in the same room. And also, he can't afford a panther. Oh well. I guess there arent any cheap chameleons. Another hamster is sounding probable.

Back
Top Bottom