Post Photos of your Chameleon Cages

Jaimee's current home while he/she grows...

KevinZamp05_30_20102922RS.jpg

This is what all three of my chams' cages look like.

That is a really, really good idea! So you just cut the bottom out? I NEVER would have thought about that! Those cages are great, but they are such a pain because the little zipper door is too small to put anything inside. Thanks for this idea, I am going to use it ;)

Hey,
I really wanted to see some of your set ups, especially if you have incorporated glass and screen together, or built it your self.
We are tossing a few different styles of what to build.

Hi
These are ones I built
full

more: https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/sandrachameleon-albums-cage.html

You might also find some of the links (especially those to previous threads showing members home made cage designs) from within this blog entry interesting https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/82-enclosures-housing.html

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a really, really good idea! So you just cut the bottom out? I NEVER would have thought about that! Those cages are great, but they are such a pain because the little zipper door is too small to put anything inside. Thanks for this idea, I am going to use it ;)
The little zipper door is still kind of a pain if you need to take the cham out for some reason, but I like how it looks and it's not too complicated to put together. If you need to replace any of the plants, you have to take the whole thing apart, though.

Wow, those are fancy. Very nice!
How long does it take you to create something like that?

Hi Jennifer,
thank you very much.

Not really long. A half day for the trip to a do-it-yourself store or a nursery to get the expanded mica granulate, fibreglass gauze, floral soil and the plants. To paste the baked cork and arrange the cage we need one more day. Thats it!

If you get hurry maybe one day at all.....

Peter

Syn, by your logic and the age of this forum, nobody should post anything because most of what can be posted has already been posted at some other time. Should we assume that no new ideas on cage design will ever come about? I enjoyed this post and all of the pics. Some of the people who decided to post their pics may not have thought to do it if they had not seen this "fresh" post. Some of the posts you suggested were quite old. I'm not saying one couldn't view them and get ideas but their are some very smart, creative people on this forum who often come up with new and wonderful ideas. Saying that a newer member is "cluttering" this post comes across as arrogant. If you care about this hobby (obsession in my case), to advance knowledge, for the good of all chameleons and their keepers, you shouldn't discourage any posts or questions. I've read some of your posts and I know that you know your stuff. I thank you for most of them.

Johnny, I think you have misinterpreted my "logic". I don't know what you mean by age of the forum either. I don't think any further discussion is necessary, I just feel that the original poster had made many posts that could have easily been searched. Many of the senior members on this forum will not reply to posts that have been made 10+ times simply because it is just tiring to post the same post over and over again. Yes, new cage designs will come up, but why not just bump the old thread instead of creating a new thread?

I'm not sure how my clutter post seems arrogant, but I'm sorry it came across that way.

That being said, the whole forum needs to slow down on update threads, or repost to the old thread. Most forums will only allow one thread to be made per chameleon and any update threads are automatically merged with the old one.

Now, if you want to discuss this any further, please take it to PM because this thread has already been made, I don't want to derail it further.

Just put two new plants in these cages. They are lovin them!

chamenclosure.jpg

enclosuree.jpg

sorry they are really dark, couldn't get them to brighten up :eek:

I like cage number 2 with the two different basking levels. That's how I set all of my cages up. Two vertical dowel rods stuck right into my largest plant pot (I have two lives plants in every cage, one small, one big) and I zip tie two horizontal rod pieces across at a high and a medium level. Like a ladder with two rungs. I like the "ladder" being part of the large plant and pot because I can pull the entire structure, chameleon, plant, and basking structure out of the cage during my weekly deep cleaning. I never have to handle my chams. They just chill on their normal perch while I detail their cages.

I like cage number 2 with the two different basking levels. That's how I set all of my cages up. Two vertical dowel rods stuck right into my largest plant pot (I have two lives plants in every cage, one small, one big) and I zip tie two horizontal rod pieces across at a high and a medium level. Like a ladder with two rungs. I like the "ladder" being part of the large plant and pot because I can pull the entire structure, chameleon, plant, and basking structure out of the cage during my weekly deep cleaning. I never have to handle my chams. They just chill on their normal perch while I detail their cages.

Great idea! Pics? :D

Johnny, I think you have misinterpreted my "logic". I don't know what you mean by age of the forum either. I don't think any further discussion is necessary, I just feel that the original poster had made many posts that could have easily been searched. Many of the senior members on this forum will not reply to posts that have been made 10+ times simply because it is just tiring to post the same post over and over again. Yes, new cage designs will come up, but why not just bump the old thread instead of creating a new thread?

I'm not sure how my clutter post seems arrogant, but I'm sorry it came across that way.

That being said, the whole forum needs to slow down on update threads, or repost to the old thread. Most forums will only allow one thread to be made per chameleon and any update threads are automatically merged with the old one.

Now, if you want to discuss this any further, please take it to PM because this thread has already been made, I don't want to derail it further.

Reactions: Syn
Thompson can you do me a favor and watch the video again and look at my cham's front left elbow? there has been a bump on it since i got him and i thought it was mbd but now I'm leaning towards it being a break that has healed mainly because its only that one elbow.

Back
Top Bottom