Pothos plant? URGENT?

Andrew27

I got one for my chameleon, a jacksons. It came in soil with white fertilizer in it. I am going to replant it in organic soil. Will the leaves still be toxic to the chameleon since it was already soaking up fertilizer? Or if I just replanted the plant in organic soil would everything be ok?

fertilizer /nutrients used by the plant to grow isnt toxic. What people are concerned about usually is a chameleon eating the fertilizer directly (either in the soil or as was sprayed onto the plant leaves). So if you cover the soil with rocks/landscape cloth or replace it, and if you wash the plant leaves, you have no worries.

the white stuff may actually be perlite (which you also dont want the chameleon to eat)

My guess is you've mistaken perilite for fertilizer.Is it kinda spongy?If it is spongy that is perilite which is just a soil amendment, completely harmless.
Plants do need nutrition to grow.Adding worm casting to your soil mix works well.You might want to wash the leaves with soap and water to remove any residual pesticides which are a greater threat to your chameleons well being than fertilizer/perilite.

Back
Top Bottom