Powersun or Reptisun?

JohnDoe

Established Member
I am looking at which would be better to use the Powersun UVA/UVB or the reptisun when i get our new enclosure 2x2x4?

if you haven't made ur purchase yet, check out our sponsor "light your reptiles"
i love the set-up they helped me put in place.
huge difference!:D

Depends on the species. I've seen panthers and Veileds do amazing under powersun bulbs, especially for 36" or taller cages. A lot of my customers have a much easier time raising their baby chams (again, primarily veileds and panthers) under the mercury vapor bulb, as it's a nice hot light with lots of UVB, making it perfect for species that like to bask like those do. Montane species or more delicate species are better off with a fluorescent tube like the reptisun, which allows you to control the basking spot wattage etc much better.

-Jen

do you really see a differnce with the Arcadia t5? And i will check out light your reptiles

I have had reptisun 5.0's for years and I recently switched to a light your reptiles t5 setup. There is absolutely no comparison. The t5 is amazing. I have an Arcadia t5 and another for plant growth. The results were very noticeable. My plants now grow like weeds and my panthers have more vibrant colors than ever. If it is possible go with light your reptiles. And the customer service is top notch. Can't go wrong IMO

so these arent actually HO?

Zoo Med Repti Sun 22" T5 5.0 High Output UVB Bulb

they're cheaper than arcadia and it would be nice to have a budget alternative if it was sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom