Pygmy Chameleon Help

jcv115

Hello,

I am getting a Exo Terra Glass Terrarium(18x18x24) I am going to be housing 3 bearded chameleons. Questions:

1) Does anyone know a breeder that ships babies?
2) What other animals can I put in with them?
3) If I get a baby will he grow up with me and allow me to hold him more since I am like his dad and raised him?

~J∆ck

Hi and welcome to the forum. To answer your questions 1. Pygmy chameleon breeders are hard to come by so most are wild caught. Make sure you only get one male.
2. Never put chameleons with other animals.
3. Pygmy chameleons are generally for watching unless you need to inspect them. Handling can stress them and kill them. I've raised mine since it was five months and they will recognize you and let you feed them by hand but not handle them.
Let me know if you have other questions.

Hi and welcome to the forum. To answer your questions 1. Pygmy chameleon breeders are hard to come by so most are wild caught. Make sure you only get one male.
2. Never put chameleons with other animals.
3. Pygmy chameleons are generally for watching unless you need to inspect them. Handling can stress them and kill them. I've raised mine since it was five months and they will recognize you and let you feed them by hand but not handle them.
Let me know if you have other questions.

Okay thanks I definetley want a chameleon. What species of chameleons like being held? And what is the cheapest but best qaulity cage you know of?

Cages I'm not sure about. However, No chameleon loves being handled but they'll adapt to it. Pygmy chameleons definentley aren't for handling but veileds and panthers will tolerate it however like every other chameleon, they aren't cheap. Set up, feeders, vet care, etc really pile up. Make sure you can afford it all. Is this your first reptile?

Jacksons are usually tame, but like with all animals and people each one is different. They have personalities and will let you know if they wish to be held or not. Even a baby that likes to be held can change when they get older and become adults. I have a male Jackson that likes to be held and would rather be with me than anywhere else. Then I also have a male veiled that as a baby loved to be held, now I have to watch him because he is prone to bite.
Chams are not like a dog or cat or even a bird, they are pets that can be personable or can be look at me and feed me only pets. You will never know when you fist get them what their personality will be, but they are still great pets even if you can get them out all the time. Once you get one you will understand the addiction to these wonderful creatures.

Back
Top Bottom