Question, does room light bother cham when sleeping?

dastone181

When its night time and i have to come into the room and turn the light on is it really stressfull on my cham?

not exactly stressful per se.. but they will wake up thinking it's morning already.
By then, his sleeping schedule will be disrupted.
and over time, his health will deteriorate (if you keep bothering him at night by turning on the light).

The room should be dark dark dark after the sunset (or when your 12 hours of lights on is over).
they really do need their beauty sleep (12 hours) :)

not exactly stressful per se.. but they will wake up thinking it's morning already.
By then, his sleeping schedule will be disrupted.
and over time, his health will deteriorate (if you keep bothering him at night by turning on the light).

The room should be dark dark dark after the sunset (or when your 12 hours of lights on is over).
they really do need their beauty sleep (12 hours) :)
ok thanks very much

well when my chams lights are turned off for bed time i give them about an hour and a half. then i can turn the lights in my room on. they dont ever wake up. it might be b/c my cages have a lot in them and they sleep in the back and the light dosent reach into the cage well.

Clyde was out free roaming one night at about 9:30pm. He hit the top the of the curtains and crashed out around 10pm. I was in the room using my computer with the lights on, but he didn't care, he was out. I guess like any creature, if they are tired enough they can sleep anywhere.

I felt bad to wake him up and put him back in his cage though.

Back
Top Bottom