Rain dome or dripper?

SmokeJoker

Hello so I'm getting a mist king system and I was wandering if I should get the rain dome attachment for that or of a dripper would be better. Thank you.

The rain domes look awesome,and probably make more suspicious chams drink from it due to drops. But,the dripper allows drinking throughout the day when the mister isn't running. I run my mist king 3x a day but the dripper runs all day for him. Just my 2 cents.

I really enjoy my rain dome. Even with a 20 minute misting session, because it sprays downward, I don't have any water spraying out of the cage despite not having the sides covered. My rescue chameleon liked it much more than side spraying.

I really enjoy my rain dome. Even with a 20 minute misting session, because it sprays downward, I don't have any water spraying out of the cage despite not having the sides covered. My rescue chameleon liked it much more than side spraying.

I have a mistking system with a nozzle in the top right corner that sprays toward the center of the cage. I have a feeling that my Cham also does not like the side spraying because he tends to move away from the nozzle. So I just ordered the raindome attachment last week hoping he will like that better.

I started off with the Rain Dome because I was afraid of the over-spray . So, this is all my little guy has known. I will tell you this much though, he sprints to get to the middle of the mist/drip. He loves it! :LOL: He will stay there until it quits and sometimes I will start it back up for him, for another minute.

I have a mistking system with a nozzle in the top right corner that sprays toward the center of the cage. I have a feeling that my Cham also does not like the side spraying because he tends to move away from the nozzle. So I just ordered the raindome attachment last week hoping he will like that better.

Monty used to run from side spraying, but after I got the raindone set up, he actually learned the schedule and would climb up, when he was still mobile, and park himself under the circle.

Thanks for all the info. I think I will try just the rain dome first, but I was wondering if I could use the rain dome and mist nozzle at the same time.

The rain dome has one mist nozzle that mists and creates the rain drops. I find it works ok for me. But yes, I believe you can you use additional nozzles along with it. I don't see why it wouldn't work if you had the extra nozzles an hose.

You can definitely set up both. Even the Starter Mistking package can support up to 10 nozzles I believe. I think I've seen one member on these forums that had a nozzle set up on both ends of his Dragon Strand Atrium cage and then a raindome in the middle.

Thanks for all the info. I think I will try just the rain dome first, but I was wondering if I could use the rain dome and mist nozzle at the same time.

You definitely can, you just need to make sure you get the connectors so you can continue the hose.... (for example you can have the hose go straight to the corner nozzle that has a T-connector so you can connect another hose from that to the rain dome) That's how I'm going to have mine set up.

Ok thank you, I got my mist king yesterday and I'm going to set it up tomorow. I'll only have the mister at first because I just ordered the rain dome but I cant wait to get both in and have a happier cham.

Ok thank you, I got my mist king yesterday and I'm going to set it up tomorow. I'll only have the mister at first because I just ordered the rain dome but I cant wait to get both in and have a happier cham.

My Rain dome comes in today, I'm super excited too!

Back
Top Bottom