Raincloud Tip

Yoshi13

Hi everyone,

So since we got our little Yoshi about 3 months ago we have been struggling to get a water system together that he would drink from. We had tried a dripper and hand misting but he didn't drink much from either. We have a fogger that we clean regularly and add distilled water/aquasafe to. When I was on the forums here I noticed the Rain Cloud that people were using in conjunction with their Mist King system. Then, I had an idea to wire a reusable coffee filter underneath the opening that the mist comes through which worked perfectly. It took a few weeks but this morning we spotted him drinking!

Below is a pic of him drinking this morning and an example of the coffee filter thing we used.

p.s. credit to my fiancé for wiring it in and actually making it work haha...
81lJXcsukDL__SY355_.jpg
IMG_20160425_091545.jpg

Hi everyone,

So since we got our little Yoshi about 3 months ago we have been struggling to get a water system together that he would drink from. We had tried a dripper and hand misting but he didn't drink much from either. We have a fogger that we clean regularly and add distilled water/aquasafe to. When I was on the forums here I noticed the Rain Cloud that people were using in conjunction with their Mist King system. Then, I had an idea to wire a reusable coffee filter underneath the opening that the mist comes through which worked perfectly. It took a few weeks but this morning we spotted him drinking!

Below is a pic of him drinking this morning and an example of the coffee filter thing we used.

p.s. credit to my fiancé for wiring it in and actually making it work haha...View attachment 156902 View attachment 156903

Thanks! I figured any cost cutting measure at this point would be great seeing as this guy has seriously expensive taste in food!

Innovation is one of my favorite reasons for working with chams...A favorite quote that sort of sums it up:

"Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different"
Albert Szent-Goygyi

Back
Top Bottom