Randomly attacking items

I noticed my Panther chameleon go to the bottom of his enclosure and just start attacking the fake tree log that I have in his cage. It's plastic with no leaves or anything. He just kept biting it and then bit it and stayed there and looked at me with his mouth on it I thought he was stuck. Is this normal? He isn't an aggressive chameleon at all.

Last edited:
They will randomly chew on things from time to time for whatever reason. I had one chameleon that used to bite the tail of this fake toucan bird I had in my Tiki patio! I never understood why! Just make sure he is not able to get loose any of the plastic pieces and swallow them.

They will randomly chew on things from time to time for whatever reason. I had one chameleon that used to bite the tail of this fake toucan bird I had in my Tiki patio! I never understood why! Just make sure he is not able to get loose any of the plastic pieces and swallow them.

Ok thank you so much I guess to me when he bites down he looks like he's biting really hard and I was scared he was gonna hurt himself but now I know that they do that gives me a piece of mind. Thank you again

My guy will sometimes attack his vines. I wouldn't be too worried unless you see chunks of the material missing :eek:

My guy will sometimes attack his vines. I wouldn't be too worried unless you see chunks of the material missing :eek:

there's deff no pieces missing it's a type of material that can't break off unless thrown. It's pretty heavy duty thank you for answering my question :)

Back
Top Bottom