Receptive I Think

BKO Overdrive

Established Member
So i took a picture this morning of my lady cham Julia. Shes has been very pretty lately and this morning she showed signed of teal and slightly yellow as well. Usually i only see the yellow when shes sleeping. I've studied her a lot, usually when she is stressed she will show black dots all over with vertical lines on her cask. Now all the black dots and vertical black lines on her cask are now teal. I'm to assume she is receptive? What comes next? I've had a laying bin of sand in there for her since 1 month ago. Made sure it was 1 ft wide and 1 ft deep of moist play sand. Shes never gone in it, but she has gone close to it and looked at it. She does let me squeeze her tummy and i feel nothing.

IMG_20160816_074050.jpg

Being receptive now means you have about a month before she'll lay eggs, if she's going to lay them. She'll probably turn dark and go through a nonreceptive period, 3-5 weeks first. Some females that haven't been bred won't lay eggs the first receptive period.

Okay she has never been bred and shes 8 months old. I thought being receptive means....shes ready to party if you get my drift. Which i guess means she has them developing but needs sperm to fertilize. I cant feel anything under her belly but from what you guys are saying she is going to lay in a month? I need to get ready then. Her cage is open in the living room, I live in a house and im usually only ever there in the morning for 30 min to feed her, then i usually come back and shes sleeping already. Do you think i should toss blankets around the cage for privacy or will she be okay.

Mine start to show these colors and after twenty days she laid her first eggs
but because she don't likes playsand i use topsoil.
when she was ready for laying she went to the bin and she disappeared, she was buried and i couldn't see her but i heard she was digging.
The next morning she looks very very very skinny.
She never return on the soil after.
I left my cages as it was i don't cover it but she has privacy provided from the real plants and branches.

Good luck!

Mine start to show these colors and after twenty days she laid her first eggs
but because she don't likes playsand i use topsoil.
when she was ready for laying she went to the bin and she disappeared, she was buried and i couldn't see her but i heard she was digging.
The next morning she looks very very very skinny.
She never return on the soil after.
I left my cages as it was i don't cover it but she has privacy provided from the real plants and branches.

Good luck!

Okay thank you, ill have to swamp the sand out for soil, I have seen her react more positive to soil over sand so i wanted to give sand a try. Ill have to go get organic soil.

Back
Top Bottom