Reptiglo vs Reptisun

I prefer reptiglo as the light it gives off is more yellow than white, and I think that looks more natural. They are both good products though. Remember you have to replace the bulb every 6 months, even if it looks like it's still working!

I like the Reptisun, in all the UVB studies members perform it seems that the Reptisuns output a bit more UVB. But the Reptiglo are cheaper, so I have been known to get one or two on tight months.

Yea, it's fine. It's certainly not a bad bulb, it's just that the output is a little less, so you might have to replace it sooner than you would a Reptisun. But it's still enough to keep a chameleon nice and healthy.

Dont forget Arcadia, I am really enjoying them lately

+1
I use Arcadia exclusively. Used to use Reptisun, and still have a bunch of good ones. Using my UV meter, the Arcadia produces twice the output
of either of the popular US brands.
You can even see that it's brighter w/o a meter!!
It looks more like real sunlight. The Reptisun looks like a low watt incan by comparision, and the Arcadia fixture is high quality, metal. not plastic!!

Too bad this brand didnt take off in the US as it should have. It's all in how u market ;)

Last edited:
I use all Arcadia T5 lighting now on my reptiles. I love the bulbs and they give out loads of uv and are very bright. I feel the 5.0 uv bulbs just dont give out enough uv so I always have used a minimum of a 10.0 anyway. The T5 bulbs give off the same amount of uv 3ft away than the T8 right next to the bulb! High Output T5 bulbs really are the way forward :D

Back
Top Bottom