Rescue Cham W/ stomatitis?

Eliza4310

I drove 5 hours to rescue this female veiled cham yesterday. We named her Luna. They didn't want her because they were scared of her and said she was aggressive. She, like most chams, is cage defensive and was making a little hissing sound and opening her mouth. When I got there, I immediately knew her mouth looked funny. The cage set up was nice, but I didnt see a UVB or calcium. I boxed her up and took her home. People said they thought she ate a bee and thats why her mouth was swollen. I tried my best to get answers to my questions and tried to esucate them. They got rid of her to make room for a baby because they think it wont be cage defensive if they get it as a baby. Theyre completly clueless. Told me lots of chams they have had died within 2 months, said they gut a male in with her and she killed it (no kidding). Just lots of very jaw dropping moronic things that they havent bothered to take the time to learn. Hubby has owned chams before and said it looked like an infection. We have a syrine and gave her some water because she seemed very dehydrated. Hopped onto reddit this morning to try and figure out what it is exactly and it looks like mouth rot to me. No exotic vets near us and we're at a loss as to what to do. I've seen people saying baytril? Can anyone give us advice on what to do? Is it too late to cure it?
20240810_090557.jpg
20240810_092233.jpg
20240810_092231.jpg
20240810_092228.jpg

I should also mention she can't close her mouth and it doesn't appear she can use her tongue. She has no appetite and appears to have trouble moving around. Our male chameleon is around the same age and he's full of energy, but she's very slow and seems unsure of her footing. She kinda scoots herself on the ground like an army crawl and doesn't seem to be able to walk super well. Could this be because of lack of proper UVB or is this related to the mouth rot.

I offer no advice as her issues are above my knowledge. Looks like metabolic bone disease as well. Start with basic husbandry. I would get her some uvb and Calcium immediately.
Got her under our T5 bar. She sat under it all night. Could I mix calcium powder with water? She doesn't appear to be able to take solids because she's so swollen around her throat

I drove 5 hours to rescue this female veiled cham yesterday. We named her Luna. They didn't want her because they were scared of her and said she was aggressive. She, like most chams, is cage defensive and was making a little hissing sound and opening her mouth. When I got there, I immediately knew her mouth looked funny. The cage set up was nice, but I didnt see a UVB or calcium. I boxed her up and took her home. People said they thought she ate a bee and thats why her mouth was swollen. I tried my best to get answers to my questions and tried to esucate them. They got rid of her to make room for a baby because they think it wont be cage defensive if they get it as a baby. Theyre completly clueless. Told me lots of chams they have had died within 2 months, said they gut a male in with her and she killed it (no kidding). Just lots of very jaw dropping moronic things that they havent bothered to take the time to learn. Hubby has owned chams before and said it looked like an infection. We have a syrine and gave her some water because she seemed very dehydrated. Hopped onto reddit this morning to try and figure out what it is exactly and it looks like mouth rot to me. No exotic vets near us and we're at a loss as to what to do. I've seen people saying baytril? Can anyone give us advice on what to do? Is it too late to cure it? View attachment 357810View attachment 357811View attachment 357812View attachment 357813
Oh poor baby! Thank you so much for rescuing her! She looks like she has a lot going on and I would suggest getting a vet for her right away, I suspect she had mouth rot, MBD, and her tongue could be missing.

Here’s our vet list
https://www.chameleonforums.com/attachments/chameleon-forums-vet-list-2024-u-s-a-pdf.353636/

And I would also suggest filling this form out to so we can get you on the right track with husbandry
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Also Neptune the chameleon and https://chameleonacademy.com/ are great places to learn more about chameleons

Trying to find a vet that will take us. Not many exotic vets that will take a Cham where we live. Will call UT in Konoxville, definitely. Thank you so much! Yes I will fill this out right now to get as much help as possible. It's so sad to watch.

- Female veiled chameleon. Told shes 8 months. Had her since 4pm yesterday. Handled her a few times. Take her out to syringe feed her water.
-Attempted to feed but no success.
- Our other chams take gut loaded crickets and dubia roaches that get calcium dusted before feeding. We breed our superworms, hornworms, and dubias.
- Flukers high calcium cricket diet and zoo med repti calcium with D3
-Mist 3x a day or whenever it starts to get dry. Other chams drink just fine. We have much less foliage in her cage so we can observe her better and that her more easily.
Fecal Description - Hasn't eaten yet and no previous vet visits.
History - Killed her cage mate that her last owners were stupid enough to house together. Told she was aggressive and tried to bite them when they tried ton"play" with her (um yeah, most do lol). Don't know much else. They thought she ate a bee and thats why she looked like this. They mentioned buying chams with infections before that died quickly.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen. Baby chams are in 3x1.5s right now and she's in a smaller 2.5x1.5
Lighting - Heat lamp with halogen bulb, zoo med t5. On from 6am-9pm
Temperature - 75-85 during the day and 65-70 at night. Digital Thermometers.
Humidity - Day 40-50% and night 80-100%. Mist heavily before bed and throw a blanket on to keep moisture in. Use a digital thermometer.
Plants - money plants and dandelion.
Placement - On the floor next to our other tanks in our bedroom. All cages are away from vents and fans.
Location - Eastern Tennessee

Welcome to the forum. I feel so sorry for this poor cham. But it seems like she is in great hands with you and that you’re experienced. I agree @ChamelaChameleon and @Ghostbirb . Definitely find a vet ASAP. I also do believe she had Mouth rot, MBD, and a missing tongue as the others said. Again so sorry for this chameleon but luckily her hero finally came!

Trying to find a vet that will take us. Not many exotic vets that will take a Cham where we live. Thank you so much! Yes I will fill this out right now to get as much help as possible. It's so sad to watch.

- Female veiled chameleon. Told shes 8 months. Had her since 4pm yesterday. Handled her a few times. Take her out to syringe feed her water. Ok this looks good but don’t handle her too much.
-Attempted to feed but no success. I’m not to sure how to feed your cham but I will tag some who may @Beman @MissSkittles @kinyonga They helped out another person whose cham lost their tongue sometime ago.
- Our other chams take gut loaded crickets and dubia roaches that get calcium dusted before feeding. We breed our superworms, hornworms, and dubias. Good variety!
- Flukers high calcium cricket diet and zoo med repti calcium with D3 Ok so you’ll want to not use the flukers cricket diet because it’s not super nutritious. You could use the repashy bug burger or even just make your own little salad for your bugs. Then you also want to give your chams calcium without D3 every day except for 1 day every other week (or twice a month). On those days you give them calcium with D3.
-Mist 3x a day or whenever it starts to get dry. Other chams drink just fine. We have much less foliage in her cage so we can observe her better and that her more easily. Great that your chams drink well! Just mist during the night as well 30 minutes after lights come off and 30 minutes before lights come on.
Fecal Description - Hasn't eaten yet and no previous vet visits. Ok. So if she hasn’t pooped at your house was there any feces in her enclosure from where you rescued her?
History - Killed her cage mate that her last owners were stupid enough to house together. Told she was aggressive and tried to bite them when they tried ton"play" with her (um yeah, most do lol). Don't know much else. They thought she ate a bee and thats why she looked like this. They mentioned buying chams with infections before that died quickly. Aww poor things had such a rough life. Seems like where you got her from needs a little help on their chameleon knowledge. Well I know she’ll do great with you because I can tell you really care! 💗

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen. Baby chams are in 3x1.5s right now and she's in a smaller 2.5x1.5 I think it’s ok that she is in a small enclosure for now because she is sick and weak so if she falls it could be fatal. In the future when she is healthy though she will need a 4x2x2 enclosure because they are arboreal climbers so they need height to feel safe.
Lighting - Heat lamp with halogen bulb, zoo med t5. On from 6am-9pm Ok so your lighting fixtures look good but the heat lamp doesn’t need to be on the whole day just in the morning for them to warm up, I do three hours. And the UVB should be on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours.
Temperature - 75-85 during the day and 65-70 at night. Digital Thermometers. Temps look great!
Humidity - Day 40-50% and night 80-100%. Mist heavily before bed and throw a blanket on to keep moisture in. Use a digital thermometer. That’s also really good!
Plants - money plants and dandelion. I’m note sure dandelions are safe but I love money trees!
Placement - On the floor next to our other tanks in our bedroom. All cages are away from vents and fans. Try to get a table to put your enclosures on because it will make your chams feel more secure.

This is my first time doing a husbandry from so if anything is wrong anyone is welcome to correct it so I can learn. I have been on the forum for a little while so I hope this is right! Sorry if I made a mistake on anything.

Here are some links that are really helpful: Chameleon Academy and
Neptune the Chameleon

Trying to find a vet that will take us. Not many exotic vets that will take a Cham where we live. Will call UT in Konoxville, definitely. Thank you so much! Yes I will fill this out right now to get as much help as possible. It's so sad to watch.

- Female veiled chameleon. Told shes 8 months. Had her since 4pm yesterday. Handled her a few times. Take her out to syringe feed her water.
-Attempted to feed but no success.
- Our other chams take gut loaded crickets and dubia roaches that get calcium dusted before feeding. We breed our superworms, hornworms, and dubias.
- Flukers high calcium cricket diet and zoo med repti calcium with D3
-Mist 3x a day or whenever it starts to get dry. Other chams drink just fine. We have much less foliage in her cage so we can observe her better and that her more easily.
Fecal Description - Hasn't eaten yet and no previous vet visits.
History - Killed her cage mate that her last owners were stupid enough to house together. Told she was aggressive and tried to bite them when they tried ton"play" with her (um yeah, most do lol). Don't know much else. They thought she ate a bee and thats why she looked like this. They mentioned buying chams with infections before that died quickly.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen. Baby chams are in 3x1.5s right now and she's in a smaller 2.5x1.5
Lighting - Heat lamp with halogen bulb, zoo med t5. On from 6am-9pm
Temperature - 75-85 during the day and 65-70 at night. Digital Thermometers.
Humidity - Day 40-50% and night 80-100%. Mist heavily before bed and throw a blanket on to keep moisture in. Use a digital thermometer.
Plants - money plants and dandelion.
Placement - On the floor next to our other tanks in our bedroom. All cages are away from vents and fans.
I would suggest a local regular vet with some reptile knowledge until you can locate an Exotic Vet. The local vet can at least treat the mouth rot, mbd (calcium/hydration injection) and do a fecal. This is what I did before I located an Exotic vet

Hi. Oh dear! This poor little girl. 🥺 As has already been said, she looks to have mbd and mouth rot. While I can’t really tell the severity of the mbd, the mouth rot looks quite bad. I can’t even see her little teeth and wonder if they’ve eroded away. She needs a good vet asap, who will be able to get her started on the appropriate medications - possible/probably injection(s), special liquid calcium and antibiotic. Most of us have to travel a little bit for our good vets. Put her in a closed box and she’ll sleep thru the drive. Keeping her hydrated is priority. If you do syringe anything into her, remember that the airway is in the very front of her mouth, so aim for the back of the throat. Most vets would probably prescribe carnivore care liquid nutrition, but you can also use ReptaBoost, which is available at just about every pet store. If you aren’t terribly squeamish you could also mash up some feeders and liquify into a slurry for her. In times when I’ve given mine extra water by syringe, I gave only tiny amounts of about 0.2 ml, waited a minute or two in between so they had time to swallow. I also made sure that their head was pointing up for gravity to help prevent aspiration. Just do be careful and gentle with her as not only does her poor mouth look like it has to be very painful, but her bones are probably very fragile as well. Keeping her in a smaller enclosure is perfect until she can heal from all of this, and that sadly is going to take time and lots of love. I try to be kind and understanding to all, but from what you say of the people that had her previously - I just pray they never reproduce.
For your own husbandry, I do wonder about your calcium with D3. Is that the only supplement you use? Are you using it every feeding? D3 is a fat soluble vitamin and can easily build up to toxic levels, so we use it only one feeding twice a month for veileds and panthers. We use calcium without D3 at every feeding. Then also we need a multivitamin which is also used one feeding twice a month (but alternate weeks with the D3). Example for multivitamins and D3 - multivitamins use on the 1st and 14th of the month and use the D3 on the 7th and 21st. OR, make life easier and get either Repashy calcium plus LoD or Reptivite with D3 (which are combination products to replace the multivitamin and D3) and just use that one feeding every other week along with the calcium with no D3 at every feeding. This girl will be needing specialized supplements that your vet will prescribe though. I don’t know how all of this will be effecting her egg laying, but that too needs to be addressed by the vet. If you haven’t ever had experience with chameleon egg laying, some of this will help. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/veiled-chameleon-laying-101.2488/ Of course you will be walking a fine line with making sure she gets needed nutrition without overfeeding and causing her to produce a huge clutch. I pray that she’s just fired up in your pics and not showing gravid coloring. Do please keep us posted about her. My heart breaks for all of these poor babies that aren’t given what they need and then suffer needlessly. Seems it’s always the veileds girls too. 🥺

Hi. Oh dear! This poor little girl. 🥺 As has already been said, she looks to have mbd and mouth rot. While I can’t really tell the severity of the mbd, the mouth rot looks quite bad. I can’t even see her little teeth and wonder if they’ve eroded away. She needs a good vet asap, who will be able to get her started on the appropriate medications - possible/probably injection(s), special liquid calcium and antibiotic. Most of us have to travel a little bit for our good vets. Put her in a closed box and she’ll sleep thru the drive. Keeping her hydrated is priority. If you do syringe anything into her, remember that the airway is in the very front of her mouth, so aim for the back of the throat. Most vets would probably prescribe carnivore care liquid nutrition, but you can also use ReptaBoost, which is available at just about every pet store. If you aren’t terribly squeamish you could also mash up some feeders and liquify into a slurry for her. In times when I’ve given mine extra water by syringe, I gave only tiny amounts of about 0.2 ml, waited a minute or two in between so they had time to swallow. I also made sure that their head was pointing up for gravity to help prevent aspiration. Just do be careful and gentle with her as not only does her poor mouth look like it has to be very painful, but her bones are probably very fragile as well. Keeping her in a smaller enclosure is perfect until she can heal from all of this, and that sadly is going to take time and lots of love. I try to be kind and understanding to all, but from what you say of the people that had her previously - I just pray they never reproduce.
For your own husbandry, I do wonder about your calcium with D3. Is that the only supplement you use? Are you using it every feeding? D3 is a fat soluble vitamin and can easily build up to toxic levels, so we use it only one feeding twice a month for veileds and panthers. We use calcium without D3 at every feeding. Then also we need a multivitamin which is also used one feeding twice a month (but alternate weeks with the D3). Example for multivitamins and D3 - multivitamins use on the 1st and 14th of the month and use the D3 on the 7th and 21st. OR, make life easier and get either Repashy calcium plus LoD or Reptivite with D3 (which are combination products to replace the multivitamin and D3) and just use that one feeding every other week along with the calcium with no D3 at every feeding. This girl will be needing specialized supplements that your vet will prescribe though. I don’t know how all of this will be effecting her egg laying, but that too needs to be addressed by the vet. If you haven’t ever had experience with chameleon egg laying, some of this will help. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/veiled-chameleon-laying-101.2488/ Of course you will be walking a fine line with making sure she gets needed nutrition without overfeeding and causing her to produce a huge clutch. I pray that she’s just fired up in your pics and not showing gravid coloring. Do please keep us posted about her. My heart breaks for all of these poor babies that aren’t given what they need and then suffer needlessly. Seems it’s always the veileds girls too. 🥺

Thank you to everyone!! We got a sample size of the repti that has D3 so we've just been using that. I will make the switch. Immediately. Come to find out from the previous owners she was only given calcium 1-2 times a month. Been mashing up crickets and finally have gotten her to eat a bit. Also been doing a calcium/water mix. She's been basking a lot. I didn't get a good look at the poop at her last place unfortunately, I was just to anxious to get her out at fast as I could. We will be upgrading every cham tank when we get the money. These are just temporary and hers is mostly just so she cant fall too far. We unfortunately live with our in laws so we are very limited with the space we have. They're in our bedroom right now and they're only on the floor so my 140lb clumsy dog doesn't wag his tail too hard and knock them over. She is movinf around a little more and has stopped turning black when I feed her (she's strong enough she can turn her head while she's in her cage so we've been able to limit handling to feed). We're still working on getting to a vet but we're happy she's improving and we cant see her ribs anymore which is nice. I even saw what looked to be a little bit of a tongue today! Thank you all for the help! It's great to get such detailed responses.

Attachments

• 20240812_133157.jpg
    20240812_133157.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240812_084647.jpg
    20240812_084647.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 11
Yes just pissed as all he'll, luckily not gravid. Aunt in law is a Cham pro with gravids so luckily she'll be able to help with that rodeo. Only ever had males before because I don't like dealing with the eggs lol. Good to know about the calcium, I'll be switching. It was a sample bottle we got with the cage so luckily we need to grab some more anyways. Her jaw is very flimsy, wondering if it's broken. Still desperately trying to get an appointment which is fun. Reptile vet close to us is on vacation. So good to know for the syringe feeding!! It's been such a struggle because I have noooo idea what I'm doing in terms of how much to give her. I did notice the head up worked the best so I'll continue to do that definitely. And yes, slushie crickets. The smell is awful but at least she can get some food that way.

I would suggest a local regular vet with some reptile knowledge until you can locate an Exotic Vet. The local vet can at least treat the mouth rot, mbd (calcium/hydration injection) and do a fecal. This is what I did before I located an Exotic vet
Good to know. Didn't know the regs would take them. Exotic is on vacation. Will call today.

Trying to find a vet that will take us. Not many exotic vets that will take a Cham where we live. Thank you so much! Yes I will fill this out right now to get as much help as possible. It's so sad to watch.

- Female veiled chameleon. Told shes 8 months. Had her since 4pm yesterday. Handled her a few times. Take her out to syringe feed her water. Ok this looks good but don’t handle her too much.
-Attempted to feed but no success. I’m not to sure how to feed your cham but I will tag some who may @Beman @MissSkittles @kinyonga They helped out another person whose cham lost their tongue sometime ago.
- Our other chams take gut loaded crickets and dubia roaches that get calcium dusted before feeding. We breed our superworms, hornworms, and dubias. Good variety!
- Flukers high calcium cricket diet and zoo med repti calcium with D3 Ok so you’ll want to not use the flukers cricket diet because it’s not super nutritious. You could use the repashy bug burger or even just make your own little salad for your bugs. Then you also want to give your chams calcium without D3 every day except for 1 day every other week (or twice a month). On those days you give them calcium with D3.
-Mist 3x a day or whenever it starts to get dry. Other chams drink just fine. We have much less foliage in her cage so we can observe her better and that her more easily. Great that your chams drink well! Just mist during the night as well 30 minutes after lights come off and 30 minutes before lights come on.
Fecal Description - Hasn't eaten yet and no previous vet visits. Ok. So if she hasn’t pooped at your house was there any feces in her enclosure from where you rescued her?
History - Killed her cage mate that her last owners were stupid enough to house together. Told she was aggressive and tried to bite them when they tried ton"play" with her (um yeah, most do lol). Don't know much else. They thought she ate a bee and thats why she looked like this. They mentioned buying chams with infections before that died quickly. Aww poor things had such a rough life. Seems like where you got her from needs a little help on their chameleon knowledge. Well I know she’ll do great with you because I can tell you really care! 💗

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen. Baby chams are in 3x1.5s right now and she's in a smaller 2.5x1.5 I think it’s ok that she is in a small enclosure for now because she is sick and weak so if she falls it could be fatal. In the future when she is healthy though she will need a 4x2x2 enclosure because they are arboreal climbers so they need height to feel safe.
Lighting - Heat lamp with halogen bulb, zoo med t5. On from 6am-9pm Ok so your lighting fixtures look good but the heat lamp doesn’t need to be on the whole day just in the morning for them to warm up, I do three hours. And the UVB should be on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours.
Temperature - 75-85 during the day and 65-70 at night. Digital Thermometers. Temps look great!
Humidity - Day 40-50% and night 80-100%. Mist heavily before bed and throw a blanket on to keep moisture in. Use a digital thermometer. That’s also really good!
Plants - money plants and dandelion. I’m note sure dandelions are safe but I love money trees!
Placement - On the floor next to our other tanks in our bedroom. All cages are away from vents and fans. Try to get a table to put your enclosures on because it will make your chams feel more secure.

This is my first time doing a husbandry from so if anything is wrong anyone is welcome to correct it so I can learn. I have been on the forum for a little while so I hope this is right! Sorry if I made a mistake on anything.

Here are some links that are really helpful: Chameleon Academy and
Neptune the Chameleon
Ugh thank you. Very helpful. I put a little more of my reply to you in the update a few above. I'm just now getting back to everyone. My hormonal butt sobbed when I finally got some cricket mush into her mouth and git her to swallow. She's doing better, working on a vet appointment still. They're very busy with a few extremely large hoarder cases atm and the Exotic is on vacation so it's been great. Just been doing what we can here. I had read that they can eat dandelion leaves and that the plants were OK to put in, but if this isn't true someone please correct me so I can yank and burn them lol. We want to upgrade to automatic misters and heat lamps that'll turn off but not turn the light off (I forget the name, hubby knows), just don't have the ability to do that at the moment unfortunately. You've been so thankful and I can't thank everyone enough!!

Ugh thank you. Very helpful. I put a little more of my reply to you in the update a few above. I'm just now getting back to everyone. My hormonal butt sobbed when I finally got some cricket mush into her mouth and git her to swallow. She's doing better, working on a vet appointment still. They're very busy with a few extremely large hoarder cases atm and the Exotic is on vacation so it's been great. Just been doing what we can here. I had read that they can eat dandelion leaves and that the plants were OK to put in, but if this isn't true someone please correct me so I can yank and burn them lol. We want to upgrade to automatic misters and heat lamps that'll turn off but not turn the light off (I forget the name, hubby knows), just don't have the ability to do that at the moment unfortunately. You've been so thankful and I can't thank everyone enough!!
While veilds CAN eat plants and often nibble their plants in their enclosures, there's not much in the way of nutritional value. She's gonna need the best she can get, so I'd stick with just insects for now so as to not waste bodily energy digesting something that may not (or may, research is ongoing) give effective benefits.

If you mean the FEEDERS can eat plants... Absolutely! HEre's a good chart:
1723490288465.png

While veilds CAN eat plants and often nibble their plants in their enclosures, there's not much in the way of nutritional value. She's gonna need the best she can get, so I'd stick with just insects for now so as to not waste bodily energy digesting something that may not (or may, research is ongoing) give effective benefits.

If you mean the FEEDERS can eat plants... Absolutely! HEre's a good chart: View attachment 357870
That's the same chart I have screenshoted lol! The only plant in her cage is a small money plant for her to hide in. The dandelion is in one of my male chams cages. He doesn't take to veggies very much and the crickets like to lay in them so he mostly uses it as a bait and trap situation.

Her jaw is very flimsy, wondering if it's broken
Such a poor girl, good you’re taking and helping her 🙏🏻 she has gone trough a lot and deserves o much better. I think she’s suffering from what they call a “rubber jaw” which is also one affect from the MBD. The jaw is kind of boneless and only soft tissue.

Such a poor girl, good you’re taking and helping her 🙏🏻 she has gone trough a lot and deserves o much better. I think she’s suffering from what they call a “rubber jaw” which is also one affect from the MBD. The jaw is kind of boneless and only soft tissue.
Hmm, unfortunately that sounds about right. I'm glad I'm able to help her and that she's not resisting. I'll go do some more reaserch into that. Never heard of it so I greatly appreciate it.

That's the same chart I have screenshoted lol! The only plant in her cage is a small money plant for her to hide in. The dandelion is in one of my male chams cages. He doesn't take to veggies very much and the crickets like to lay in them so he mostly uses it as a bait and trap situation.
I keep my feeders in a bin and put food like the greens listed in the feeder bin. That way they're all full and happy and have good nutrients all through their digestive system for when the cham eats them. :). For my cage, I have a money tree and the biggest pothos I've ever seen filling most of it. Nothing for bugs to eat, as I cup-feed.

Back
Top Bottom