Saved this guy from PetSmart today...

I wish people would know this just like Big name stores . I don't ever walk in these place to fringing sad to watch . Always get your pet from reputable honest breeder. That poor Veiled Chameleon should be given away to someone to be nurse back to health .

Nice job. I can't stand those places. The other day I went in and they were selling female Panther chameleons for $400 and didn't have anything for them in the tank

OMG! How sad when people and pet stores alike, are just in it for money.

I would have too much pride to not roll up my sleeves and get down and dirty. For the sake of the get the job done with noticeable improvement to the health and well being of my charges.

Whether it's a chinchilla or a snake, in captivity, they all need someone to care for their every need.

Now, if "you accepted the job, you also accepted the responsibility"... just sayin'!

Last edited:
Well hopefully some kind soul, will "rescue" that one!:)

There is a female veiled that I've had my eye on for close to 3 weeks now -- she's at PetSmart.

She's in excellent condition from what I see, and I always ask to hold her.

It would be a giant wall of cages -- I've already got 8 feet in width of cage space × 5 foot high in height space in my bedroom. I don't even have the extra room.

I pray I don't feel terribly sorry for her and come home with veiled chameleon #5.

Yikes!

He is looking so much better an looks like he is going to be a very handsome Veild. I am all for getting those chameleons out of those pet stores!

Thanks carol5208!

PetSmart claimed that he refused to eat anything that wasn't a meal worm. That a crock of poop! He eats everything I put in his cups. Each chameleon has a water cup, an assorted worm cup, and a cup for greens with carrots or fruits/vegetables from the list of appropriate foods.

I would not take much to set up correctly. MistKing or Climist or Monsoon ain't alot, they sell all the habitats and decor. They only would need to figure out drainage, which could be custom built for an easy drain tub that can be drained daily. In fact, the display would probably sell even more accessories. Manager downloads the caresheet here and they follow it, and hand out a copy to buyers.

Back
Top Bottom