Seriously Considering a Panther Chameleon

Is she ok? What do you think?

She looks quite healthy to me, she really seems to love that umbrella tree plant.
I would recommend getting some Fluker's bend-a-branch (someone correct me on the name if its wrong). My little baby panther loves them, they are a good thickness for younger chameleons feet.

In picture 2 is that a cricket hanging out the front of her mouth?

I'll try to get some smaller branches or vines. LOL I was amazed how agile she is, she was dancing all around those stems!

yeah I was worried about that, my friend yelled at me cause I stood there with my hands out ready to catch her if she fell. I'll definately get some more perches and things for her. It's amazing how active this forum is, on the other ones I use it takes about 3 days to get 4 replies. Here I type a message and come back and there are 3 more replies. lol... the petco I got her from is really good when it comes to reptiles. Tony personally mists them a few times a day, and the chameleons have their own cages, except for the babies when they end up with too many. But she was housed by herself, you can tell! lol... she's a chunky little girl.

yeah I was worried about that, my friend yelled at me cause I stood there with my hands out ready to catch her if she fell. I'll definately get some more perches and things for her. It's amazing how active this forum is, on the other ones I use it takes about 3 days to get 4 replies. Here I type a message and come back and there are 3 more replies. lol... the petco I got her from is really good when it comes to reptiles. Tony personally mists them a few times a day, and the chameleons have their own cages, except for the babies when they end up with too many. But she was housed by herself, you can tell! lol... she's a chunky little girl.

:eek:I am honestly amazed with what you say!
This is my first time hearing Petco does something right.

anyway, she looks healthy and the setting you have is right on the mark.
and since you bought a female veiled cham, you better get ready for another research especially when she's about to reach the gravid age.
:)

Well actually I don't know what "she" is. I just called her that cause I wasn't sure and I liked the name Emily better than any guy names I could come up with.

Well actually I don't know what "she" is. I just called her that cause I wasn't sure and I liked the name Emily better than any guy names I could come up with.

Post some clear, crisp, in focus pictures of the chameleons hind legs, specifically the back of it's feet, and the people here will help out.

I tried to, but my camera wasn't cooperating. She doesn't have any spurs on her hind feet if that is what you are looking for.

EmilyVeiled012.jpg

EmilyVeiled013.jpg

I am pretty sure she is a girl. Again sorry for the bad pics but my camera isn't cooperating.

here's mine (this is Columbus' permanent cage)

All are live plants with the exception of the vines and the plants that are hanging on the top
cage.jpg

and here's my Columbus.
(this is a month old pics. He's bit dehydrated at that time, but has been completely rehydrated).

columbus2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! You have a nice veiled, and a nice setup!! I am thinking about just using the flight cage we built when we had birds. I might just divide it down the middle, cause it is 6 ft long, 6 ft tall, and 4 ft wide, so each chameleon would get the same size cage as the cage I was talking about originally. What do you guys think (about anything in this thread)?

Danny

Oh my god... my electricity and water has been out since this morning. It was supposed to come back on 10:30 a.m. today, then they said noon tomorrow, but thankfully it turned on just now. All of my reptiles were ice cold, since it is 19 derees outside. I took Emily into the living room since we had the fireplace on and it was the only decent temperature room in the house (like 69 degrees). I almost thought she would die. THANK GOD. Eww I haven't showered in a day. I had to brush my teeth with bottled water too.

Oh my god... my electricity and water has been out since this morning. It was supposed to come back on 10:30 a.m. today, then they said noon tomorrow, but thankfully it turned on just now. All of my reptiles were ice cold, since it is 19 derees outside. I took Emily into the living room since we had the fireplace on and it was the only decent temperature room in the house (like 69 degrees). I almost thought she would die. THANK GOD. Eww I haven't showered in a day. I had to brush my teeth with bottled water too.

Thats a scary experience. I am glad she is okay!

Yeah, my friend was content to sit there with a flash light over Emily for about an hour lol... but we just moved her out into the living room and she was fine. Can she eat baby dubia roaches, my mom picked up 110 roaches today. Ugly little devil creatures those roaches are, but as long as they are in a secure tub or in a lizard's gut, I'm good. lol...

Danny

I do have a youtube account, but I don't have a leo named Yoshi. I have a leo named Charde though, she is on youtube. I know someone with a leo named Yoshi on another forum, it sounds familiar.

Danny

Back
Top Bottom