Sex?

monram

image.jpeg
image.png
So I got "Felix" a week ago, a veiled chameleon, from a petsmart and they kept referring to him as a "he" and said he's about a year old. However, I read that male veiled chams have a spur in their back feet, but I don't see anything. Also, I read that females have a smaller crest. Based on looks I'm thinking Felix is a Felicia... any opinions at a glance?

whats a laying bin? this is my first chameleon
Females will lay infertile eggs around 6 months and possibly earlier, if she doesn't have a bin to deposit her eggs she will become egg bound and die...Just curious but do you have supplies and the proper lights and did you happen to read up on Veiled chameleons?

Females will lay infertile eggs around 6 months and possibly earlier, if she doesn't have a bin to deposit her eggs she will become egg bound and die...Just curious but do you have supplies and the proper lights and did you happen to read up on Veiled chameleons?
oh shoot... where can i get that? and yes i did! I just thought I had a male for the past week so i only looked up things about male veileds. im gonna add a live plant because she doesnt have a lot to climb on, the pic i posted is old and she has more fake plants to climb on now. i believe i have the correct set of lights because i got a chameleon set so it came with the heat bulb and reptisun 5.0 uvb bulb. i had a 60 watt heat bulb and recently changed to 100 watt because i read veiled chams like it warmer. i feed her about 6-10 crickets a day, and the kit came with repticalcium and then a trial size reptivite. should reptivite be sprinkled on crickets daily and calcium just once a week? thats the part im a bit unsure of. also i spray the leaves inside the cage whenever i walk by to make sure theres always some water there for her. i see her drink from the drops on the screen often. i tried putting in some mealworms but she wont touch them. it seems like she's more interested in things that move haha. she recently shed a few days ago so that was awesome to see! i recently got a tropical mist humidifying spray to prevent dry skin and shedding problems during that. seems like it made a coating on ber skin and when i spray water it just beads and falls off of her im not sure if thats alright. i come on here often to make sure i got everything covered because i wanted to be prepared! please let me know if theres anything i wrote of concern or anything else i definitely need to keep an eye on!

You use calcium daily and the reptivite 2 times a month. The reptivite has d3 so you will not need calcium with d3

oh shoot... where can i get that? and yes i did! I just thought I had a male for the past week so i only looked up things about male veileds. im gonna add a live plant because she doesnt have a lot to climb on, the pic i posted is old and she has more fake plants to climb on now. i believe i have the correct set of lights because i got a chameleon set so it came with the heat bulb and reptisun 5.0 uvb bulb. i had a 60 watt heat bulb and recently changed to 100 watt because i read veiled chams like it warmer. i feed her about 6-10 crickets a day, and the kit came with repticalcium and then a trial size reptivite. should reptivite be sprinkled on crickets daily and calcium just once a week? thats the part im a bit unsure of. also i spray the leaves inside the cage whenever i walk by to make sure theres always some water there for her. i see her drink from the drops on the screen often. i tried putting in some mealworms but she wont touch them. it seems like she's more interested in things that move haha. she recently shed a few days ago so that was awesome to see! i recently got a tropical mist humidifying spray to prevent dry skin and shedding problems during that. seems like it made a coating on ber skin and when i spray water it just beads and falls off of her im not sure if thats alright. i come on here often to make sure i got everything covered because i wanted to be prepared! please let me know if theres anything i wrote of concern or anything else i definitely need to keep an eye on!
What's the basking spot temps? How big is her enclosure? Is the calcium with D3 or without? Are you gutloading the crickets, do you have other feeders?

What's the basking spot temps? How big is her enclosure? Is the calcium with D3 or without? Are you gutloading the crickets, do you have other feeders?
Basking spot currently is 85 with the 100watt bulb. seem low? her enclosure is 16x30x16 in. might have put those is wrong order but height is 30 in. calcium is without d3 and i feed crickets the Fluker's Orange Cube complete cricket diet. she's been only eating crickets because she wont touch the mealworms, what else can i give her? i saw a hornworm at petsmart but i heard thats to use if your chameleon is dehydrated and plus it looks huge

Basking spot currently is 85 with the 100watt bulb. seem low? her enclosure is 16x30x16 in. might have put those is wrong order but height is 30 in. calcium is without d3 and i feed crickets the Fluker's Orange Cube complete cricket diet. she's been only eating crickets because she wont touch the mealworms, what else can i give her? i saw a hornworm at petsmart but i heard thats to use if your chameleon is dehydrated and plus it looks huge
Temp seems ok, the Flukers is pretty much useless except for maybe moisture, you need to feed them greens like kale, collard greens ect. You should dust every feeding with calcium with no D3, calcium D3 2x to 1 a month, and vit/minerals 2x a month. I would go to the caresheet guide on this site, it will give you all the info you need, please check it out!

Back
Top Bottom