Shooting to drink???

Ace

Avid Member
Hey guys/and girls:D

Just wanted to aks if its normal for a cham to shoot their tongue at leaves to grab some water drops????? when the dripper goes on, my cham "Zulu" shoots his tongue on some leaves that had some water drops, as if they were food???? he does eventually waks to the leaves and "licks of the leaves" but wanted to know if this is normal behavior, or just plain weird:p

Also eperiences with crazy habits is also fun to mention...so tell me how does you cham act weird but is generally healthy and happy!!!???:D:p

Yes this is normal. Both my chameleons do it occasionally.

Mine does it to sometimes.

Only seen one of my chameleon do it.

I've seen my panther do the same from time to time as well.

cool...at least i dont feel like i am left out:p

does anyone know why they doit, or the purpose to using this method of ddrinking??? i dont see they can get alot of watervfrom doing it, and in the wild doesnt that deplete energy for using it to eat insects...again if anyone can calrify this , much appreciaated:D

Me too!

Wilson does it also although most of the time he will drink water from the leaves I have seen him "shoot" water drops on occasion... I find it rather entertaining... watching him try to "time out" his move!!! :D

My panther shoots drops from his dripper occasionally, and his predecessor did as well. In that case, the water is moving and sparkling and probably catches their attention. Maybe the drops they shoot from leaves also give the illusion of movement the way light is reflected in them? - Just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom